From Copycat Recipe Guide
Olive Garden Chicken Marsala
Classic Italian-American fare is the foundation of the Olive Garden menu. Dishes like Chicken Milanese, Chicken with Lemon Sage Sauce, and Chicken Crostina are packed with flavor and a variety of textures. While using Olive Garden coupons can allow guests to order Italian dishes for less money, learning to make the dishes at home is often the most economical way to enjoy the flavor. One dish that is a great option for the home chef is the Olive Garden Chicken Marsala recipe that uses chicken breasts, mushrooms, and Marsala wine. This classic, yet delicious dish is easy to prepare and is appropriate for a family meal or for entertaining.
|Image Source: Olive Garden|
|Customer service phone||(800)248-4935|
|Served as||Main dish|
|Main ingredients||Chicken breasts, Marsala wine, mushrooms|
|Similar to||Chicken Marsala|
Olive Garden Chicken Marsala Ingredients
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup Marsala wine
Recipe courtesy of Olive Garden
Olive Garden Chicken Marsala Recipe
- Place the chicken breasts in a single layer between two pieces of plastic wrap. Pound the chicken with a kitchen mallet until each one is ¼-inch thickness.
- Combine flour, salt, pepper and oregano in a medium-sized mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Dredge each chicken piece in the flour mixture and shake off any excess.
- Place the oil and butter into a skillet and heat over medium heat.
- Put the coated chicken breasts in the skillet and cook them for two minutes until they are lightly browned.
- Turn the chicken breasts over to begin cooking the other side.
- Slice the fresh mushrooms, then add them to the pan.
- Cook the chicken and mushrooms for two more minutes, stirring the mushrooms into the dish during cooking.
- Add the Marsala wine around (not on top of) the chicken pieces.
- Cover the skillet and reduce the heat to a low simmer.
- Cook for 15 minutes.
- Divide among four dinner plates and serve immediately.
Chicken Marsala Recipe
As described, this recipe makes enough to serve four people. However, the dish is very flexible and can be easily doubled or tripled to serve more diners. For larger quantities, larger cooking dishes will be needed and the cooking times may increase slightly. According to the Olive Garden’s official recipe, the preparation time of this dish is estimated to be 30 minutes and the cooking time 30 minutes. From start to finish, the dish takes about an hour. For tight schedules, consider prepping the dish and ingredients, then cooking the dish when needed.
Also See: How to Make Olive Garden Chicken Milanese, How to Make Olive Garden Chicken with Lemon Sage Sauce, How to Make Olive Garden Baked Stuffed Artichokes with Foccacia,How to Make Olive Garden Baked Stuffed Mussels with Foccacia and Lemon, How to Make Olive Garden Beef Filets in Balsamic Sauce,How to Make Olive Garden Bistecca di Manzo alla Boscaiola