From Copycat Recipe Guide
Olive Garden Chicken Milanese
Regular guests of Olive Garden can opt to bring home the flavor of the restaurant and lower the cost of their meal by using Olive Garden coupons or by learning to prepare dishes at home. Many dishes are easily made at home using ingredients found at most grocery stores. The restaurant’s Chicken Milanese recipe is fairly simple to make, even for individuals with limited cooking experience. The chicken Milanese recipe includes chicken breasts, breadcrumbs, heavy cream, and tortellini pasta. While the dish might look complex, cooks can impress their family and friends by using the official Olive Garden Chicken Milanese recipe and by using fresh ingredients. The dish is best served freshly prepared, but leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a week.
|Image Source: Olive Garden|
|Customer service phone||(800)248-4935|
|Served as||Main dish|
|Main ingredients||Chicken breasts, Parmesan cheese, tortellini|
|Similar to||Pan-fried chicken and pasta|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Olive Garden Chicken Milanese Ingredients
Pasta and Sauce:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon roasted, minced garlic cloves
- 1 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped spinach
- 1 20 oz. package tortelloni or tortellini
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 1 ½ tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp. chopped garlic, chopped
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 4 tbsp. Colavita extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 lemon wedges
Recipe courtesy of Olive Garden
Olive Garden Chicken Milanese Recipe
- Place the chicken breasts between two sheets of plastic wrap.
- Pound the chicken breasts with a kitchen mallet to pound them evenly until they area about ½-inch thick.
- Whisk eggs and milk together in a flat-bottomed bowl.
- Mix the breadcrumbs, cheese, parsley, Italian seasoning, garlic, and pepper in a second mixing bowl. Stir gently.
- Transfer the dry mixture to a flat plate.
- Place ½ cup of all-purpose flour in a third bowl.
- Dredge the flattened chicken breasts in the flour, coating evenly on both sides. Dip the floured chicken in the egg and milk mixture, coating both sides. Then dredge the chicken in the breadcrumb mixture, coating evenly.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the garlic to the butter and sauté for one minute, then add ¼ cup flour and stir until well blended.
- Add the white wine, chicken broth, cream, and cheese and bring to boil.
- Lower heat and simmer until mixture thickens.
- Add the roasted garlic cloves, pepper, and salt to the garlic butter sauce, and stir until blended.
- Slice the tomatoes in half.
- Add the spinach to the sauce, then let the mixture simmer over low heat for roughly five minutes, stirring frequently.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the breaded chicken to the saucepan, cooking until brown on both sides.
- Add the pasta to the sauce, stirring gently to blend. Transfer the chicken to a platter and serve alongside the pasta.
- Garnish each plate with parsley and one lemon wedge.
Olive Garden’s Chicken Milanese
As listed this Chicken Milanese recipe serves four people. According to the Olive Garden, cooks can prepare this dish in about 55 minutes, including 25 minutes of cooking time. Other Olive Garden chicken recipes include Chicken Marsala and Chicken Crostina. The recipe is suitable for a family meal, or for an entertainment event.
Also See: How to Make Olive Garden Chicken Marsala, How to Make Olive Garden Chicken Crostina, How to Make Olive Garden Italian Sausage Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms with Herb Parmesan Cream Sauce, How to Make Olive Garden Lasagna,How to Make Olive Garden Manicotti Formaggio with Shrimp, How to Make Olive Garden Minestrone Soup, How to Make Olive Garden Pasta e Fagioli