From Copycat Recipe Guide
Olive Garden Chicken with Lemon Sage Sauce
Olive Garden's blend of classic American-Italian flavors can be addicting. While Olive Garden coupons can help diners enjoy the international Italian restaurant chain for less, learning how to craft Olive Garden recipes at home is an economical and time-sensitive way to bring the flavor of the restaurant to the dinner table. Many dishes at the restaurant feature chicken with a flavorful sauce. The Olive Garden Chicken with Lemon Sage Sauce recipe is easy to prepare and uses fairly basic ingredients that can be obtained at a local group. This recipe calls chicken breasts, white wine, heavy cream, and Parmesan cheese. Note that using a high-quality wine and fresh cream and Parmesan cheese are best for recreating this Italian dish.
|Image Source: Olive Garden|
|Customer service phone||(800)248-4935|
|Served as||Main dish|
|Main ingredients||Chicken breast, flour, heavy cream|
|Similar to||Chicken piccata|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Olive Garden Chicken with Lemon Sage Sauce Ingredients
- 6 whole eggs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- 2 tbsp. fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp. fresh basil
- 4 – 6 ounce boneless, split skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups flour
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup shallots
- 1 tbsp. garlic
- 2 tbsp. fresh sage
- 2 tbsp. parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. lemon zest
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 6 tbsp. unsalted butter
Recipe courtesy of Olive Garden
Olive Garden Chicken with Lemon Sage Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the eggs, cheeses, chopped parsley, and chopped basil in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Pound chicken breasts to a ¼-inch thickness.
- Season flour with salt and pepper.
- Dredge the chicken in the seasoned flour and then dip it in the egg and cheese (Piccata) mixture, coating it evenly on both sides.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Lay the chicken in the skillet and fry until it is golden brown on both sides. Move the chicken to a baking pan.
- Place the chicken in the oven for 5 to 6 minutes or until the meat juices run clear.
- Drain ¾ of the oil from the skillet to use for the Lemon Sage sauce.
- Add the shallots, garlic, and herbs to the pan. Sauté the mixture over medium heat until the shallots turn translucent.
- Add the lemon juice, lemon zest and the white wine, then reduce the liquid by half.
- Add the heavy cream to the pan and lower the heat to a simmer, cooking until the sauce thickens slightly.
- Take the pan off the heat and whip in the chilled butter. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To serve, pour ¼ cup of the sauce on a plate, then place the chicken on top.
Chicken Piccata with Lemon Caper Sauce
According to the Olive Garden, cooks can prepare this dish in as a little as 45 minutes. The meal can be cooked in another 45 minutes, adding up to an hour and a half of total cooking time. This recipe serves four people. While the recipe calls for fresh herbs, dried herbs can be used in equivalent quantities. One benefit of preparing this dish at home, is that the seasonings can be adjusted based on personal preferences. Consider adding more garlic and cayenne pepper to spice up the dish.
Also See: How to Make Olive Garden Bistecca di Manzo alla Boscaiola, How to Make Olive Garden Chicken Milanese, How to Make Olive Garden Bistecca di Manzo alla Boscaiola, How to Make Olive Garden Breadsticks, How to Make Olive Garden Caserecce Pasta and Red Sauce, How to Make Olive Garden Cheese Ravioli with Mushroom Ragu