From Copycat Recipe Guide
Olive Garden Lasagna Classico
Olive Garden's Lasagna Classico recipe contains layers of pasta filled with a blend of cheeses mixed with a hearty meat sauce. It's available on both the lunch and dinner menus, and is one of three entrees served with Olive garden's "Tour of Italy." Typically retailing for almost $13 as a dinner entree, Olive Garden lasagna may be too hard on the wallet to enjoy frequently. Home chefs can bypass the restaurant and learn how to make the Olive Garden lasagna recipe at home. This lasagna is fairly easy to make, but does take about 1 1/2 to 2 hours from start to finish. Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a week, but should be reheated in an oven for best results.
This recipe makes 6 Olive Garden size dinner servings, or 9 lunch sized portions.
|Customer service phone||800-331-2729|
|Served as||Main dish|
|Main ingredients||Pasta, cheese, ground beef|
|Similar to||Carrabba's lasagna|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Olive Garden Lasagna Ingredients
- 1 1/2 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 ounce bulk sweet Italian sausage
- 2 c. nonfat milk
- 4 eggs
- 6 minced garlic cloves
- 2 1/2 cups part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 c. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 c. Romano cheese
- 2 c. shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 c. chopped onion
- 1/2 c. finely chopped red pepper
- 1/2 c. finely chopped green pepper
- 2 tbsp. basil
- 1 tbsp. oregano
- 2 cups tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 9 lasagna noodles
Olive Garden Lasagna Recipe
- Brown ground beef with sausage and drain excess fat from the meat.
- Fill a large pot with water.
- Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon of salt into the water.
- Bring water to a rolling boil, then add dry lasagna.
- Cook pasta according to package directions until al dente.
- Remove pasta from water, then place on a baking sheet.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place tomatoes, salt, pepper, garlic, red and green peppers, and onion into a medium pan over medium heat.
- Cook sauce for 20 minutes, then add ground beef mixture, basil and oregano.
- Cook sauce for another 5 minutes.
- Add Parmesan, ricotta, and Romano cheeses to a mixing bowl along with the eggs and miilk stir.
- Spread 1 1/2 cups of meat sauce on the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish to coat it evenly.
- Arrange 3 lasagna noodles over the sauce.
- Spread 1/2 of the cheese mixture onto the noodles, then add 3/4 cup meat sauce.
- Sprinkle the layer with 2/3 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Place 3 more noodles on the lasagna, and top with the remaining cheese mixture, 3/4 cup sauce, and 2/3 cup mozzarella
- Top lasagna with the 3 remaining noodles, 1 cup of sauce, and the remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for an hour in the oven.
- Allow the lasagna to sit for 20 minutes before serving.
How to Make Olive Garden Lasagna Video
- To serve the lasagna the way they do at Olive Garden, spread 1/2 cup of sauce on the plate. Place a slice of lasagna on the sauce, and top with a fresh basil leaf
- The prep work for the dish can be done a day ahead and stored in the refrigerator. Lasagna can be paired with a light salad and breadsticks for a delightful, Italian-style dinner. Consider preparing an Olive Garden soup as an appetizer.
- If you skip cooking the lasagna noodles in advance, you can prepare this dish in the slow cooker. Simply prepare the meat sauce as described and mix together the cheeses, eggs, and ricotta in a bowl. Layer a 6-quart slow cooker with sauce, then uncooked lasagna noodles, then cheese, then repeat the layers. You'll have to break the lasagna noodles to fit into the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for four to six hours.
Also See: How to Make Olive Garden Tuscan Chicken, How to Make Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana, How to Make Olive Garden Minestrone Soup, How to Make Olive Garden Spinach and Artichoke Dip, How to Make Olive Garden Chicken Marsala, How to Make Olive Garden Breadsticks, How to Make Olive Garden Salad