From Copycat Recipe Guide
Olive Garden Manicotti Formaggio with Shrimp
The Olive Garden restaurant chain is well known for its signature pasta dishes, including Manicotti Formaggio. While many stuffed manicotti recipes use a red sauce, this Olive Garden Manicotti Formaggio recipe is prepared with a cream-based carbonara sauce that includes garlic, milk, and diced bacon. Other pasta dishes available at the Olive Garden include Cheese Ravioli with Mushroom Ragu and Risotto.
|Customer service phone||(800)248-4935|
|Served as||Main dish|
|Main ingredients||Manicotti pasta, ricotta cheese, marinara sauce|
|Similar to||Cheese stuffed pasta|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Olive Garden Manicotti Formaggio Ingredients
- 12 manicotti shells
- 1 ¾ cup ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 cups heavy cream
- 4 cups milk
- 6 Roma tomatoes, chopped into small dice
- 3 cloves of garlic, diced
- 6 bacon slices, diced
Manicotti Formaggio Recipe
- Cook the manicotti shells according to the package directions.
- Mix together the egg, ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, and ¼ cup of Parmesan.
- Spoon the cheese mixture evenly into each pasta shell. For easier filling, you can also place the cheese mixture in a pastry bag and pipe it into the shells or put it in a quart-sized resealable bag, cut a corner off, and squeeze it into the shells. To fill the shells evenly, squeeze about 1 tablespoon of filling into them from both sides.
- To prepare the carbonara sauce, put the butter in a large skillet and melt it over medium heat. Add the diced garlic and the bacon pieces, cooking for five minutes.
- Add the cream, milk and Parmesan cheese to the sauce and whip it with a wire whisk. Add in the diced tomatoes, then bring the sauce to a boil.
- Place the filled manicotti shells into the pan carefully. Spoon the carbonara over them evenly and heat a few minutes on low. Serve.
Kraft Baked Manicotti Recipe
- The Olive Garden generally offers both the classic Manicotti Formaggio above and Manicotti Formaggio with Shrimp . If you’d like to serve it with shrimp, peel and devein about ¼ lb. of medium shrimp and place it into a container. Pour enough Italian dressing over the shrimp to cover it and close the container tightly. Marinate the shrimp in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. Add the shrimp to the saucepan along with the garlic and bacon in step 4 and remove it before adding the cream and milk. Sprinkle the cooked shrimp over the finished manicotti.
- For an additional seafood taste, you might like to add 1/2 cup of imitation crabmeat to the stuffing mixture.
- To save time, you can substitute a ready-made Alfredo sauce for the cream carbonara. Simply pour 32 ounces of Alfredo sauce over the stuffed manicotti before baking.
- Change the taste of this dish a bit by making a Fontina cheese sauce, rather than the usual cream-based sauce. Combine 2 cups of shredded Fontina cheese with 3/4 cup chicken broth and add this to a roux of 1/4 cup butter, 1 chopped onion, 2 tbsp flour, and 3/4 cup milk.
Also See: How to Make Olive Garden Cheese Ravioli with Mushroom Ragu, How to Make Olive Garden Risotto, How to Make Olive Garden Chicken Marsala, How to Make Olive Garden Caserecce Pasta and Red Sauce, How to Make Olive Garden Baked Stuffed Mussels with Foccacia and Lemon, How to Make Olive Garden Breadsticks