From Copycat Recipe Guide
Olive Garden Minestrone Soup
Olive Garden's minestrone soup presents a classic Tuscan flavor of hearty root vegetables flavored by beans and Italian spices. The dish can be served as an appetizer to whet the palate, as a filling main dish or as a side dish to accompany a pasta or entree meal. No fancy ingredients or equipment are needed to craft this copycat Olive Garden minestrone soup recipe, but sufficient prep time to clean and chop the many vegetables found in this dish should be considered. The soup can be prepared up to a day in advance and stores well in the refrigerator for about a week and a half.
|Customer service phone||(800)248-4935|
|Served as||Soup course|
|Main ingredients||Vegetable broth, beans, spinach|
|Similar to||Carrabba's minestrone soup|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Olive Garden Minestrone Soup Ingredients
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small white onion, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 c. sliced zucchini
- 1 c. shredded cabbage
- 1/2 c. julienned carrots
- 3 c. baby spinach
- 1/4 c. frozen Italian green beans, thawed
- 1 stalk celery, minced
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 5 1/2 c. vegetable broth
- 1 can red kidney beans
- 1-15 oz can navy beans
- 1-28 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1-8 oz can tomato paste
- 2 tbsp. minced parsley
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tbsp. Italian seasoning blend
- 1/3 c. small pasta shells
- 1/2 c. Chianti red wine
Olive Garden Minestrone Soup Recipe
- Cook conchiglie pasta shells according to package directions until al dente, then drain and set aside.
- Place olive oil in the bottom of a soup pot over medium high heat.
- Add celery, garlic, onion, and zucchini to the pan and saute for about 3 minutes.
- Strain Italian beans and add to the pot.
- Saute mixture for another 3 minutes.
- Add vegetable broth to the soup pot and bring to a boil.
- Pour tomatoes and vegetable broth into the pot.
- Add beans and carrots and tomato paste to the mixture, then stir.
- Simmer soup for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add spinach, cabbage, pasta and all spices to the soup mix and simmer for another 20 minutes.
- Add Chianti to the soup, then simmer for another 5 minutes, then serve.
How to Make Olive Garden Minestrone Soup Video
- This hearty soup is adjustable and forgiving. Chefs can adjust the vegetable quantities and seasonings based on taste preferences. To kick up the flavor, a can of V8, a dash of soy sauce or chili sauce can be added. Substituting fresh spices for dried adds more flavor and aroma to the soup. The secret to Olive Garden's version of the classic minestrone soup is the addition of red wine for a heartier broth. While the restaurant uses Chianti, any sweet red wine can be used. Be sure to serve the soup soon after adding the wine for maximum flavor
- The recipe above uses conchiglie pasta, but any small pasta shape can be used such as orzo, ditalini, or even whole wheat elbow macaroni.
Also See: How to Make Red Lobster Wild Mushroom Soup, How to Make T.G.I Friday's French Onion Soup, How to Make Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana, How to Make Olive Garden Tuscan Chicken, How to Make Olive Garden Crosti Con Funghi, How to Make Olive Garden Portobello Mushrooms with Mozzarella, How to Make Olive Garden Breadsticks, How to Make Olive Garden Salad, How to Make Olive Garden Salad Dressing