From Copycat Recipe Guide
Olive Garden Pasta e Fagioli
Olive Garden features several soups on its lunch and dinner menus, including the restaurant’s classic Pasta e Fagioli. Similar to traditional chili, Pasta e Fagioli includes tomatoes, ground beef, small pasta, and white beans. Since the recipe produces a thick soup, it goes well with homemade bread such as Macaroni Grill’s Rosemary Bread or Carrabba’s Mamma’s Bread or the Olive Garden's own famous breadsticks. Cooks that learn how to make the Olive Garden Pasta e Fagioli recipe can easily double or triple the ingredients as needed to make a larger amount to serve the dish as a side item or a main dish.
|Customer service phone||(800)248-4935|
|Served as||Soup, appetizer|
|Main ingredients||Ground beef, diced tomatoes, white beans|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Olive Garden Pasta e Fagioli Ingredients
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion
- 15 ounces diced tomatoes, with juice
- 15 ounces cannellini beans
- 26 ounces spaghetti sauce
- 2 cups of beef stock
- 1 ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 lb. small-sized pasta such as ditali
- 15 ounces red kidney beans
- 4 stalks of celery
Pasta e Fagioli Recipe
- Pour the olive oil into a nonstick skillet and heat it over medium heat.
- Cook the ground beef in the oil over medium heat until it is completely browned. Drain the fat from the meat.
- Chop the onion and the celery stalks finely. Place them in a large stockpot and cook them over low heat for about 10 minutes, or until soft.
- Transfer the beef to the large stockpot. Add all of the other recipe ingredients to the pot, except for the pasta. Turn the heat to high and bring the soup to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and let the soup simmer for at least one hour. During the last 20 minutes of cooking, cook the pasta as directed on the package.
- Drain the pasta and add it to the soup. Continue cooking on low for 5 to 10 minutes more. Serve.
Pasta e Fagioli Recipe
- There are several variations you can use when preparing this recipe. These include adjusting the cooking method, the ingredients, and the flavors to suit your unique tastes. For a healthier version, replace the ground beef with ground turkey and cook as directed in the recipe.
- You can also adapt the recipe for use in a slow cooker by browning the meat and then adding it and all other ingredients except the pasta to a large Crock Pot or similar device. Cook the mixture on low for seven to eight hours, adding the uncooked pasta during the last hour.
- To add a bit more flavor, garnish the soup with grated Parmesan cheese before serving.
- Add another dimension to this soup by including Italian bacon. Saute 3 slices of chopped pancetta bacon in the oil in step 1. Then add the ground beef and proceed as directed.
- If you'd like to try making this dish without the typical tomato base, omit the canned tomatoes and the spaghetti sauce and use 5 3/4 cups of chicken broth as the base instead. Add the vegetables and saute as directed.
Also See: How to Make Carrabba's Mamma's Bread, How to Make Macaroni Grill Rosemary Bread, How to Make Red Lobster Wild Mushroom Soup, How to Make Red Lobster Shrimp and Noodle, How to Make Olive Garden Breadsticks