From Copycat Recipe Guide
Olive Garden Portobello Mushrooms with Mozzarella
At the Olive Garden, customers can order several of the restaurant’s appetizer dishes. Home cooks can also learn how to make the Olive Garden Portobello Mushrooms with Mozzarella recipe by simply following a few steps. Other Olive Garden recipes that include mushrooms are Crosti Con Funghi and Italian Sausage Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms with Herb Parmesan Cream Sauce.
|Image Source: Olive Garden|
|Customer service phone||(800)248-4935|
|Main ingredients||Portobello mushrooms, mozzarella cheese, black olives|
|Similar to||Stuffed mushrooms|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Olive Garden Portobello Mushrooms with Mozzarella Ingredients
- 4 large, firm portobello mushroom caps, stems and gills removed
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 12-16 small, fresh mozzarella balls or 8 oz. mozzarella cheese, cut into ½-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup pimento strips or sundried tomatoes in oil
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 4 tbsp. pesto sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil
Recipe courtesy of Olive Garden
Olive Garden Portobello Mushrooms with Mozzarella Recipe
- Preheat an oven to 375 degrees.
- Clean the mushroom caps thoroughly. Use a damp towel to remove any dirt.
- Place the caps in a shallow plate with their tops facing down.
- Pour the olive oil and balsamic vinegar over the mushroom caps. Let the caps marinate for an hour.
- Remove the caps from the marinade and lay them, top side up, on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for eight to ten minutes. Baking the caps with the tops up keeps the liquid from pooling inside the mushrooms.
- Cut the mozzarella balls in half evenly and place them in a bowl. Add the pimento, olives, pesto sauce, salt and pepper to the mozzarella; stir well.
- Fill each cap with the stuffing mixture. Drizzle the remaining oil and vinegar marinade over the caps. Bake them for eight to ten minutes more.
- Garnish the caps with the fresh basil leaves. Serve.
Grilled Portobella Mushroom Recipe
- The Olive Garden recommends saving the portobello mushroom cap stems and chopping them finely. Cooks can sauté the chopped stems in olive oil and add them to the stuffing mixture. As prepared, this recipe serves four.
- Add 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese to the stuffing mixture before baking.
- To serve a warm weather version of this dish, combine diced fresh tomatoes with diced mozzarella cheese to make a tomato salad. Grill the mushroom caps and then stuff the caps with the tomato cheese salad.
- Spread the mushroom caps with pesto sauce before adding the mozzarella and baking.
- If you're running short on time, use bottled Italian dressing as the marinade rather than making the marinade from olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
Also See: How to Make Olive Garden Crosti Con Funghi, How to Make Olive Garden Italian Sausage Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms with Herb Parmesan Cream Sauce, How to Make Olive Garden Breadsticks, How to Make Olive Garden Salad