From Copycat Recipe Guide
Olive Garden Salad
Olive Garden's garden salad is a simple salad topped with an Italian-style dressing. The combination of chunky salad fixings, crunchy croutons and Italian dressing may seem to be a low-fat offering, but it packs 25 grams of fat and 350 calories per serving.
Most of the fat and calories are found in the olive oil-laden salad dressing, so you can easily modify the dressing when making this salad at home for a lower-calorie, hearth-healthy dish. While using Olive Garden coupons can help save money on a trip to the restaurant chain, making the dish at home may be a more economical option.
Start to finish: 20 minutes
|Customer service phone||800-331-2729|
|Main ingredients||Iceberg lettuce, croutons, salad dressing|
|Cooking method||Chopping and mixing|
|Similar to||Carrabbas Italian salad|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Olive Garden Salad Ingredients
- 1 bag iceberg lettuce mix
- 1 small red onion
- 2 Roma tomatoes
- 1/2 cup pitted black olives
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Canola oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning blend
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 4 tablespoons Parmesan and Romano grated cheese blend
- 3/4 cup croutons
- 6 pickled pepperoncini peppers
- Grated Parmesan cheese to taste
Olive Garden Salad Recipe
- Place iceberg salad mix into a large serving or mixing bowl.
- Cut tomatoes into 1/2 inch wedges, then add to the bowl.
- Cut red onion into 1/4 inch slices, then cut in half and add to the bowl.
- Add black olives to the bowl, then set bowl aside.
- In a blender, combine mayonnaise, oil, lemon juice, vinegar, garlic, Italian seasonings, red pepper flakes and sugar. Blend mixture at low speed until ingredients are well mixed.
- Add Parmesan and Romano cheese blend to the mix, then pulse to incorporate.
- Pour salad dressing over the top of the salad.
- Toss salad gently to distributed the Olive Garden salad dressing.
- Top salad with croutons, pepperoncini peppers and grated Parmesan cheese, then serve.
How to Make Olive Garden Salad Video
- While this salad is a snap to make, it does need to be prepared close to the time when it will be served so the lettuce does not wilt. If you need to make this salad in advance, prepare the salad mixture and dressing separately, then dress the salad shortly before serving.
- As prepared, the salad dressing is a high fat food. Consider using low-fat mayonnaise or leaving out the oil for a healthier option.
- If you do not have apple cider vinegar on hand,red wine vinegar is an acceptable substitute.
- Whenever possible, opt for freshly grated cheeses and fresh herbs for the best flavor.
Also See: How to Make Olive Garden Baked Stuffed Artichokes with Foccacia, How to Make Olive Garden Baked Stuffed Mussels with Foccacia and Lemon, How to Make Olive Garden Beef Filets in Balsamic Sauce, How to Make Olive Garden Bistecca di Manzo alla Boscaiola, How to Make Olive Garden Caserecce Pasta and Red Sauce, How to Make Olive Garden Cheese Ravioli with Mushroom Ragu