From Copycat Recipe Guide
Olive Garden Spinach and Artichoke Dip
Spinach and artichoke dip is served at many restaurant chains, but at Olive Garden, the recipe includes three kinds of cheese for an extra creamy version. Learning how to make this Olive Garden Spinach and Artichoke Dip recipe at home is fairly simple and requires ingredients such as fresh spinach, artichoke hearts, and cream cheese. Other Olive Garden appetizer recipes include Crosti Con Funghi and Baked Stuffed Artichokes with Foccacia.
|Customer service phone||(800)248-4935|
|Main ingredients||Artichoke hearts, cream cheese, Parmesan cheese|
|Similar to||Spinach and artichoke dip|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Olive Garden Spinach and Artichoke Dip Ingredients
- 14-ounce can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 16 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated, plus extra for garnish
- 1/4 tsp. fresh thyme leaves
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1 tbsp. fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 5 green onions, chopped
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 8 slices crusty Italian bread
- Extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Nonstick cooking spray
Olive Garden Spinach and Artichoke Dip Recipe
- Preheat an oven to 325 degrees.
- Mix all the ingredients, excluding the bread and olive oil, together in a large bowl.
- Use the cooking spray to coat a large non-stick baking pan evenly. Pour the artichoke spinach mixture into the pan.
- Place the pan into the oven and bake the dip for 25 minutes until it is bubbly and hot throughout.
- Drizzle the bread lightly with olive oil. Using a grill pan or an indoor grill, grill the bread on both sides to brown it.
- Sprinkle additional Parmesan over the cooked dip.
- Serve the dip with the grilled bread.
Spinach and Artichoke Dip Recipe
The Olive Garden's website recommends preparing this recipe with fresh artichokes, rather than canned artichoke hearts, although canned artichokes are used in the restaurant version. To substitute fresh artichokes, use two fresh artichokes, juice of 1 lemon, and 1 tsp. salt. Add the lemon juice and the salt to three quarts of water. Add the artichokes and boil them until tender. Cool the artichokes, clean them, peel, and remove the center. Slice the hearts evenly, then proceed with the recipe as described above.
The website also suggests replacing some of the cream cheese with mascarpone cheese, for a more authentic Italian flavor.
- Feel free to substitute one cup of pepper jack cheese for the mascarpone to add a bit of heat to this appetizer.
- If you can't find mascarpone cheese locally, you can simply substitute 1/4 cup of mayonnaise in the recipe. You can also substitute 10 ounces of prepared Alfredo sauce if you prefer. Sour cream also makes a good mascarpone replacement.
Also See: How to Make Olive Garden Crosti Con Funghi, How to Make Olive Garden Baked Stuffed Artichokes with Foccacia, How to Make Olive Garden Breadsticks, How to Make Olive Garden Salad, How to Make Olive Garden Breadsticks