From Copycat Recipe Guide
Olive Garden Stuffed Chicken Marsala
Restaurant patrons who enjoy Olive Garden’s Chicken Marsala may want to learn how to make the Olive Garden Stuffed Chicken Marsala recipe for themselves. A variation on a traditional Chicken Marsala, this dish features stuffed, butterflied chicken breasts served with a Marsala wine sauce. Olive Garden's Salad and Olive Garden's Breadsticks would be an ideal accompaniment to this dish.
|Customer service phone||(800)248-4935|
|Served as||Main dish|
|Main ingredients||Chicken breasts, Marsala wine, button mushrooms|
|Similar to||Stuffed chicken breast|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Olive Garden Stuffed Chicken Marsala Ingredients
- 1/2 cup smoked provolone or gouda cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, crushed
- 2 tablespoon sun-dried tomato flakes (drain first, if in oil)
- 1/3 cup green onions, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 small onion, cut in half and thinly sliced lengthwise
- 24 ounces Marsala wine
- 8 ounces heavy cream
- 6 cups button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 4 ounces olive oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
Recipe courtesy of Olive Garden
Olive Garden Stuffed Chicken Marsala Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all of the ingredients for the cheese stuffing.
- Use a kitchen knife to make a butterfly cut through the thickest part of the chicken breasts, creating two halves that are connected in the middle.
- Place the breasts between two sheets of plastic wrap, then use a kitchen mallet to pound the breasts until they reach an even thickness of ¼-inch to ½-inch.
- Lay the breasts on a place and place stuffing on one of the breast halves. Continue adding stuffing, diving evenly among the breasts. Flatten the stuffing gently and fold the other half over to sandwich the stuffing.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat, then add olive oil and heat through.
- Put the flour in a shallow plate. Season it with salt and pepper as desired. Dredge the stuffed chicken breasts in the flour carefully. Be sure to shake off the excess.
- Place the coated chicken breasts in the pan and cook until golden brown on both sides. Take the chicken out of the pan and lay the pieces in a baking dish.
- Put the dish in the oven and bake the chicken for 10 to 20 minutes or until juices run clear.
- In the same saucepan, add the onions, stirring to loosen the drippings. Cook for two minutes over medium heat, then add the mushrooms and sauté for a few minutes until onions are soft.
- Pour the Marsala wine into the pan to deglaze it, stirring the drippings into the sauce. Heat the wine until it simmers, then add the heavy cream. Lower the heat and simmer until the liquid reduces by half.
- Lay the cooked chicken on a plate, then top the meat with the sauce.
Gordon Ramsay’s Stuffed Chicken Marsala
Olive Garden’s chef recommends serving this dish along with garlic mashed potatoes. Cooks who prepare this dish using the recipe quantities above will make enough food to serve four people. To increase the servings, they can multiply the ingredients as needed. The restaurant estimates the total preparation and cooking times for this dish at 80 minutes.
Also See: How to Make Olive Garden Chicken Marsala, How to Make Olive Garden Chicken Milanese, How to Make Olive Garden Chicken Crostina, How to Make Olive Garden Chicken with Lemon Sage Sauce, How to Make Olive Garden Roast Pork with Grapes and Wine