From Copycat Recipe Guide
Olive Garden Tuscan Chicken
Using Olive Garden coupons can help lower the cost of an Italian meal at the chain restaurant, but making dishes at home is often a more practical and economical solution to enjoying a Tuscan-flavored meal. Learning how to make this Olive Garden Tuscan Chicken recipe can allow you to create a colorful and flavorful dish for a family meal, or as a special dish for guests. The flavors of the dish are created from fresh vegetables and herbs blended with Parmesan cheese, garlic and white wine. The resulting medley of fresh flavors is served over a baked chicken breast and pasta. The dish is fairly easy to prepare and does not require any special cooking skills.
Start to finish: 45 minutes
|Customer service phone||800-331-2729|
|Served as||Main dish|
|Main ingredients||Chicken breasts, spinach, red peppers, pasta|
|Cooking method||Baking and sauteing|
|Similar to||Chicken scampi|
Olive Garden Tuscan Chicken Ingredients
- 1 package fettuccine or penne pasta
- 2 cups flour
- Italian seasoning
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 to 3 chopped garlic cloves
- 1 cup of julienned red bell peppers
- 1 cup of high-quality Italian white wine
- 2 cups spinach leaves
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1 cup of fresh grated Parmesan cheese
Olive Garden Tuscan Chicken Recipe
- Preheat oven to between 350 and 400 F.
- Cook the fettuccine or penne pasta according to the instructions listed on the package. Be sure to cook it al dente and avoid over cooking.
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cups of flour, Italian seasonings, salt and pepper.
- Heat sauté pan and add 3 tablespoons olive oil.
- Pick up a skinless, boneless chicken breast with tongs and dredge both sides into your seasoned flour mixture.
- Place floured chicken breast into your pan and brown for 2 to 3 minutes on each side. You can opt to cook all chicken breasts at the same time, or prepare them in batches.
- Transfer chicken breasts to an oven-safe baking dish and place into your preheated oven.
- Cook chicken for about ten minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165 F.
- Place 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil into a clean sautee pan and warm to medium-high heat.
- Add 2 to 3 cloves of chopped garlic to your pan.
- Place about 1 cup of julienned red bell peppers.
- Stir your garlic and pepper mixture frequently for about a minute to coat all pieces with oil.
- Add 1 tablespoon of flour and mix to incorporate.
- Pour in approximately 1 cup of Italian white wine to the pan and cook until the wine has evaporated slightly.
- Add 2 cups of washed, cleaned spinach leaves to your pan and stir until it changes color.
- Pour in 1 cup of heavy cream and stir.
- Add 1 cup of fresh grated Parmesan cheese.
- Push all ingredients to one side of your pan, then add your pasta to the sauce. Toss pasta gently to coat well with sauce.
- Use your tongs to grab some pasta and place it in the center of your plate.
- Top with 1 to 2 baked chicken breasts, then spoon some of the sauce and vegetable mixture on top.
- Sprinkle with some Parmesan cheese and serve hot.
Recipe courtesy of Olive Garden
Olive Garden's Tuscan Garlic Chicken
- While many Olive Garden restaurants no longer include Tuscan chicken on their menu, many dishes such as chicken scampi reflect the blend of vegetables, Parmesan cheese and chicken that is used in this dish. Other versions of Tuscan chicken leave off the cheese and use different vegetable selections.
- Those on a calorie restrictive diet can use Greek yogurt instead of cream for a healthier dish. Olive oil can also be exchanged for a non-stick cooking oil spray.
Also See: How to Make Olive Garden Breadsticks, How to Make Olive Garden Minestrone Soup, How to Make Olive Garden Baked Stuffed Artichokes with Foccacia, How to Make Olive Garden Bistecca di Manzo alla Boscaiola, How to Make Olive Garden Chicken Marsala, How to Make Olive Garden Chicken Milanese