From Copycat Recipe Guide
Olive Garden Venetian Apricot Chicken
This Olive Garden Venetian Apricot Chicken recipe is one dish that is fairly simple to make. Using four basic ingredients, home cooks can replicate this Olive Garden favorite in no time at all. While you’re at it, whip up some Olive Garden Breadsticks and a garden salad to complete your meal.
At Olive Garden, diners enjoy a blend of classic American-Italian flavors in a Tuscan themed setting. While it is fun to dine out, it is equally satisfying to master a favorite restaurant’s dish to serve to your family anytime you wish. At Olive Garden, this is possible since many of the chicken dishes feature chicken prepared with a flavorful sauce.
Start to finish: 35 minutes
|Flickr: Taylor Burnes|
|Customer service phone||800-248-4935|
|Served as||Main dish|
|Main ingredients||Chicken breasts, apricot preserves, chicken stock|
|Cooking method||Stovetop, grilling|
|Similar to||Grilled chicken with apricot sauce|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Olive Garden Venetian Apricot Chicken Ingredients
- 1/2 pound roma tomatoes
- 6 basil leaves, cut into 1/2” pieces
- 1 teaspoon garlic pepper
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1/2 pound broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Chopped parsley
Olive Garden Venetian Apricot Chicken Apricot Sauce Ingredients
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- Salt and pepper
Olive Garden Garlic Herb Seasoning Ingredients
- 3 teaspoons garlic pepper
- 1 teaspoons Italian seasoning
Recipe adapted from Olive Garden
Olive Garden Venetian Apricot Chicken Recipe
- Make the Garlic Herb seasoning by mixing the garlic pepper and Italian seasoning together.
- Dice the roma tomatoes into 1-inch pieces.
- Slice the basil leaves into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Trim one inch off the bottom of the asparagus spears.
- Boil a large pot of water and add the broccoli and asparagus pieces. Cook for 1 minute, then remove to an ice bath.
- Combine the tomatoes and basil in a bowl. Add the garlic pepper and salt, mixing well.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, whisk together the chicken stock and apricot preserves.
- Once the mixture has come to a boil, remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in lemon juice. Add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a medium skillet, then heat the asparagus, broccoli, and tomato mixture on low.
- Butterfly each chicken breast. (See below for instructions on how to do this.)
- Grill the chicken for approximately 2 – 3 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 165 F.
- Place 1 whole chicken breast, 2 pieces if you separated the butterflied halves, of grilled chicken on each plate.
- Top chicken with sauce.
- Serve immediately with vegetables on the side.
How to Cook Chicken Scallopini
- To butterfly, or scallopine, a chicken breast first place the chicken on a cutting board and remove the tenderloin. Locate the thick portion of the breast, this is the side you will cut. Placing your hand on top of the chicken breast, slide the knife through the breast almost all the way through, keeping a small portion attached. Open the cut chicken breast like you would a book, laying both sides down on the cutting board. Place a piece of plastic wrap on top of the chicken and lightly pound the meat until it is a uniform thickness. Butterflied chicken breast can be used in many grilled or sautéed recipes.
- This dish is served with sautéed asparagus, broccoli, and chopped tomatoes with a garlic herb seasoning at Olive Garden. You can make this side or steam some fresh vegetables to go alongside this chicken dish.
- If you like this dish, you might enjoy other Olive Garden chicken recipes such as Chicken Marsala and Chicken Crostina.
Also See: How to Make Olive Garden Chicken Marsala, How to Make Olive Garden Chicken Crostina, How to Make Olive Garden Italian Sausage Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms with Herb Parmesan Cream Sauce, How to Make Olive Garden Lasagna,How to Make Olive Garden Manicotti Formaggio with Shrimp, How to Make Olive Garden Minestrone Soup, How to Make Olive Garden Pasta e Fagioli