From Copycat Recipe Guide
Outback Steakhouse Alice Springs Chicken
Outback Steakhouse's Alice Springs Chicken recipe pairs a chicken breast grilled over wood with sauteed mushrooms and bacon. The dish is covered in cheddar and monterey jack cheese, then is topped with a honey mustard sauce. The dish is rich, flavorful and can be expensive for those who want to enjoy the dish frequently at the restaurant. Learning how to make the dish at home, or high-value Outback Steakhouse coupons are ways to enjoy the dish, even when you are on a tight budget.
|Customer service phone||877-733-6774|
|Main ingredients||Chicken, bacon, mushrooms|
|Similar to||Grilled chicken|
Outback Steakhouse Alice Springs Chicken Ingredients
- 6 skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup bacon crumbles
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp Spanish paprika
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Olive oil
- Fresh parsley
Alice Springs Honey Mustard Sauce Ingredients
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. canola oil
Outback Steakhouse Alice Springs Chicken Recipe
- Combine the mayonnais, Dijon mustard, honey, lemon juice and canola oil in a medium-sized bowl.
- Whisk ingredients to combine.
- Place in refrigerator, preferably overnight, to allow the flavors to meld.
- Slice mushrooms, then sautee in olive oil. Add a dash of balsamic vinegar to the mushrooms while cooking.
- Mix Kosher salt, Spanish paprika and black pepper together in a small bowl.
- Clean chicken, then rub with the seasoning blend.
- Place chicken in refrigerator to marinate for at least 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Heat up the grill and place wood chips at the bottom.
- Lightly rub each chicken breast with olive oil.
- Place chicken on grill and sear the outside by grilling on each side for about 2 minutes.
- Remove from the grill.
- Place chicken in a baking pan.
- Top chicken with sauteed mushrooms, bacon crumbles and cheeses.
- Bake chicken for 15 minutes, or until all the cheese has melted. Check the chicken to ensure an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Plate, then sprinkle dish with parsley.
How to Make Outback Steakhouse Alice Springs Chicken Video
The Outback Steakhouse Alice Springs Chicken has been a staple on the chain's menu since it opened in 1987. Recently, a new dish appeared that takes the classic Alice Springs chicken flavor and turns it into a fun and easy-to-eat quesadilla. To convert this recipe into the quesadilla version, simply slice the prepared chicken 1/2-inch thick and place in a tortilla. Top the chicken with crispy bacon, the honey mustard sauce, sauteed mushrooms and a shredded cheese blend. Opt for a Mexican cheese blend to replicate the restaurant's version. Fold the tortilla in half, then grill.
Also See: How to Make an Outback Steakhouse Wallaby-Darned, How to Make Outback Steakhouse Herb Roasted Prime Rib, How to Make Outback Steakhouse Toowoomba Pasta, How to Make a Bloomin' Onion, How to Make Outback Steakhouse Coral Reef Crab Dip, How to Make Outback Steakhouse Shrimp on the Barbie