From Copycat Recipe Guide
P. F. Chang's Mongolian Beef
P.F. Chang’s China Bistro is a casual dining restaurant, featuring American Chinese cuisine. Dishes are served family style, and entrées come accompanied by the diner’s choice of steamed brown or white rice. The P.F. Chang’s Mongolian Beef recipe calls for thinly sliced pieces of flank steak, wok-cooked and tossed with garlic and scallions. Fans of P.F. Chang’s can make a homemade version of their Mongolian Beef and serve it with other P.F. Chang’s recipes, such as Lettuce Wraps.
Start to finish: 30 minutes (Active time: 20 minutes)
|Flickr: Dave Dugdale|
|Customer service phone||1-866-732-4264|
|Served as||Main dish|
|Main ingredients||Flank steak, soy sauce, dark brown sugar|
|Cooking method||Pan fried|
|Similar to||Genghis Mongo BBQ Bowl|
P.F. Chang’s Mongolian Beef Ingredients
- 1 cup plus 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 pound flank steak
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/3 cup scallion slices
P. F. Chang's Mongolian Beef Recipe
- In a medium saucepan, heat 4 teaspoons of vegetable oil over medium heat.
- Add the ginger and garlic to the pan.
- Immediately pour the soy sauce and water over the ginger and garlic to prevent it from scorching.
- Dissolve the brown sugar into the mixture, allowing the sauce to come to a boil and thicken.
- Remove the sauce from the heat.
- Slice the flank steak against the grain of the meat, to a thickness of 1/4 inch.
- Cut the slices again into bite-size pieces, approximately 1 inch in length.
- Coat each slice of flank steak with a thin dusting of cornstarch.
- Allow the cornstarch coating to set on the beef for 10 minutes.
- In a wok or deep skillet, heat 2 cups of oil over medium heat.
- Once the oil has been thoroughly heated, add the beef slices and sauté them for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the edges of the meat begin to darken. 
- With a slotted spoon, remove the steak from the oil and drain on paper towels.
- Discard the oil from the skillet.
- Return the skillet to the heat and add the drained steak slices to the pan.
- Simmer the meat for 2 minutes.
- Slowly stir the sauce into the meat and allow it to heat for 1 minute.
- Add the green onions to the skillet.
- Allow the beef to cook for an additional minute.
Recipe by CopyCatRecipeGuide's Food Editors
Mongolian Beef Recipe
- Add spice to the dish by adding chili paste to the Mongolian beef sauce mixture.
- P.F. Chang’s Mongolian Beef can be served over rice or accompanied by your favorite noodle recipes.
- If you prefer to make this dish without meat, you can get a similar taste by substituting sliced firm tofu or sliced portabella mushrooms in place of the beef.
Also See: How to Make P.F. Chang's Lettuce Wraps, How to Make Maggiano's Beef Braciole, How to Make Maggiano's Braised Beef Canneloni, How to Make Olive Garden Beef Filets in Balsamic Sauce, How to Make Panera Asian Sesame Chicken Salad, How to Make Red Lobster Asian Garlic Grilled Salmon