From Copycat Recipe Guide
Panda Express Orange Chicken
The Panda Express Orange Chicken recipe is prepared using cuts of boneless chicken that are deep fried and tossed in a sweet and spicy orange sauce.  A homemade version of the Orange Chicken can be prepared using this simple to follow recipe. Panda Express Orange Chicken can be served over a bed of jasmine rice or alongside other favorites like Panda Express Mandarin Chicken.
Panda Express is a casual restaurant, featuring Chinese-American fare. It is the largest Chinese fast food restaurant chain in the United States, and features a variety of items on the menu, including Orange Chicken.
Start to finish: 30 minutes
|Offered by||Panda Express|
|Customer service phone||1-800-877-8988|
|Served as||Main dish|
|Main ingredients||Chicken, orange sauce|
|Similar to||Panda Express Mandarin Chicken|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Panda Express Orange Chicken Ingredients
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, chopped into bite-sized 2-inch pieces
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- Oil for frying
- 1/4 cup plus 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon rice wine
- 1/8 cup water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 Tablespoon orange zest
Panda Express Orange Chicken Recipe Recipe
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, salt, pepper and sesame oil.
- In a medium bowl, stir 1/4 cup cornstarch and flour together.
- Slowly combine the flour mixture with the egg mixture.
- Add the chicken to the mix and stir to coat.
- Heat frying oil in pan or deep fryer set to 375 degrees.
- Slowly add chicken, a few pieces at a time, to the heated oil. Fry the chicken for 2 to 3 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove the chicken from the oil and set it aside and allow it to drain on paper towels.
- In a medium bowl, combine the soy sauce, water, sugar, 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch, vinegar, orange juice and orange zest to create the orange sauce. Set the sauce aside.
- In a wok or deep frying pan, heat 1 tablespoon of frying oil.
- Add the ginger and garlic to the oil and sauté for 10 to 15 seconds.
- Add the crushed red pepper and green onions.
- Pour the rice wine into the pan and stir.
- Slowly add the orange sauce to the pan and allow it to come to a boil.
- Add the cooked chicken to the orange sauce, stir well to combine.
- Allow the chicken to simmer until it is heated thoroughly and the sauce is thickened.
- Serve the orange chicken immediately.
How to Make Orange Chicken
- To save time, the bottled Panda Express brand Orange Sauce can be used to prepare the Orange Chicken. The sauce is available at most Panda Express restaurants and major retailers.
- For a spicier flavor, add your favorite Asian chili sauce to the orange sauce recipe.
- Serve the Panda Express orange chicken with a side of steamed white or brown rice.