From Copycat Recipe Guide
Panera Asian Sesame Chicken Salad
Panera Bread's Asian Sesame Chicken Salad is a regular offering on the restaurant's menu that is refreshing, yet filling. The salad combines romaine lettuce with almonds, hulled sesame deeds, fresh cilantro, crispy wonton strips, and chicken and tops it with a freshly made Asian Sesame vinaigrette dressing. Panera's version of the salad features antibiotic-free, natural chicken and homemade crispy wonton strips. At the restaurant, the salad can be enjoyed daily at the restaurant in either full-size or a half-size portion. This Panera Asian sesame chicken salad recipe is an easy and quick dish to make at home and does not require any ingredients that cannot be found at your local grocery store. The key to making a restaurant-quality version of this salad at home is to use fresh ingredients whenever possible.
Start to finish: 20 minutes
|Customer service phone||866-270-1064|
|Main ingredients||Grilled chicken, Romaine lettuce|
|Similar to||Applebee's Oriental Chicken Salad |
Panera Asian Sesame Chicken Salad Ingredients
- 1/2 cup Romaine lettuce
- 1/4 cup chicken
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon hulled sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 2 wonton wrappers
- 1/4 cup Asian Sesame Vinaigrette
- Canola oil
Panera Asian Sesame Chicken Salad Recipe
- Rinse Romaine lettuce to clean it thoroughly.
- Spin lettuce to remove excess water or blot dry with paper towels.
- Place lettuce in a large bowl.
- Slice chicken into strips and place into a small bowl.
- Add lemon juice to the chicken and stir.
- Allow chicken to marinate in the lemon juice for 5 minutes.
- Add black pepper and salt to the chicken mixture and stir.
- Grill chicken strips, then set aside.
- Spread hulled sesame seeds over lettuce.
- Distribute almonds on top of salad.
- Place chicken on top of salad.
- Pour Panera's Asian Sesame Vinaigrette lightly over the top of the salad.
- Cut wonton wappers into strips about 1/4 inch in width.
- Place 1/2 inch of canola oil in a frying pan and heat to about 360 degrees.
- Fry wonton strips until crispy, then dry with paper towels.
- Top salad with crispy wonton strips.
- Place into salad bowl.
- Slice a piece of bread to serve alongside the salad.
Recipe by CopyCatRecipeGuide's Food Editors
How to Make Asian Sesame Salad Dressing
- While the recipe for Panera's Asian Sesame Chicken Salad calls for grilled chicken, feel free to change up the ingredients if you like. You can easily substitute turkey, beef or shrimp for the chicken, or create a vegetarian option by leaving off the meat entirely.
- For best results, bake fresh wontons and use a freshly-made dressing for a more intense flavor.
Also See: How to Make Panera Asian Sesame Vinaigrette, How to Make Panera BBQ Chopped Chicken Salad, How to Make Panera Chopped Chicken Cobb Salad, How to Make Panera Fuji Apple Chicken Salad, How to Make Panera Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad, How to Make Panera Strawberry Poppyseed and Chicken Salad, How to Make Panera Thai Chopped Chicken Salad