From Copycat Recipe Guide
Panera BBQ Chopped Chicken Salad
The Panera BBQ Chopped Chicken Salad recipe found on the chain Panera's menu is a flavor-packed entree that offers a mixture of tangy barbecue flavors with the crunch of lettuce and tortilla strips. The salad combines citrus and pepper chicken, barbecue sauce, fire-roasted corn, tortilla strips, Romaine lettuce with a dose of BBQ Ranch dressing. The dressing combines the classic Ranch dressing flavor with the tangy kick of a honey-tomato barbecue sauce. The BBQ Chopped Chicken salad can be enjoyed as a stand-alone main dish or as a side dish. Bring the flavor of the Panera BBQ chopped chicken salad home by making it yourself if you want an easy, filling main meal or side dish. One benefit of preparing the salad yourself is that you can change the ingredients or the size to suit your taste palate.
Start to finish: 30 minutes
|Customer service phone||866-270-1064|
|Main ingredients||Lettuce, chicken|
|Similar to||California Pizza Kitchen's BBQ Chicken Chopped salad|
Panera BBQ Chopped Chicken Salad Ingredients
- 1 cup Romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup chicken
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon yellow super sweet corn
- 1/2 teaspoon red bell pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon poblano pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red onion
- 1/2 teaspoon black beans
- 2 tablespoons BBQ sauce
- 2 tablespoons Panera BBQ Ranch dressing
- 1/8 cup Tri-Color Tortilla strips
Panera BBQ Chopped Chicken Salad Recipe
- Clean Romaine lettuce, then roughly chop into bite-size pieces.
- Spin lettuce in a salad spinner to remove excess water, or blot with paper towels.
- Place lettuce in a large bowl.
- Chop chicken and place into a small bowl with lemon juice.
- Stir chicken and marinate for five to ten minutes.
- Sprinkle black pepper and salt evenly over the chicken.
- Grill chicken, then add to the salad bowl.
- Create roasted corn mixture by combining yellow super sweet corn, red bell pepper, poblano pepper, red onion, and black beans.
- Add corn blend to the salad.
- Drizzle mild barbecue sauce onto the top of the salad.
- Pour BBQ Ranch dressing over the salad and toss gently.
- Top salad with Tri-color Tortilla strips.
- Place into a serving bowl, then serve with a large piece of freshly baked bread.
Recipe by CopyCatRecipeGuide's Food Editors
How to Make Panera BBQ Chopped Chicken Salad
The BBQ chopped chicken salad can be prepared with a wide range of ingredients. You can easily substitute steak for chicken, or create a vegetarian option by leaving off the meat. For best results, serve the chicken warm to create a more intense flavor and wilt the salad lettuce slightly before eating.
Also See: How to Make Panera Asian Sesame Chicken Salad, How to Make Panera Fuji Apple Chicken Salad, How to Make Panera Thai Chopped Chicken Salad, How to Make Panera Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad, How to Make Panera Chopped Chicken Cobb Salad