From Copycat Recipe Guide
Panera Baked Potato Soup
Panera Bread's Baked Potato Soup, which is offered three days a week on the chain restaurant's menu, is a delicious soup topped with smoked bacon. The soup is not low-fat, but is highly filling, making it suitable to be served as side dish, main dish or as a soup course. If you are far from a restaurant location or want to save money, you can learn to prepare the Panera baked potato soup at home. The Panera Baked Potato Soup Recipe is easy to make, but it does take time to prepare the ingredients and cook the soup to blend the flavors.
Start to finish: 1 hour (Active time: 40 minutes)
|Flickr: samantha celera|
|Customer service phone||866-270-1064|
|Main ingredients||Potatoes, bacon, cream|
|Similar to||Applebees' Potato Soup|
Panera Baked Potato Soup Ingredients
- 4 cups potatoes
- 2 tablespoons chicken base
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup cream
- 2 cups onion
- 1/4 cup green onions
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 block cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 tablespoons pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon smoke flavor
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 3 stalks chives
- 3 slices bacon
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
Panera Baked Potato Soup Recipe
- Slice potatoes, onions, and green onions.
- Place sufficient butter in a large pot, then warm to lightly cover the bottom.
- Saute onions for a few minutes.
- Add potatoes to the pot and cover with water.
- Bring potatoes to a boil, then cut the temperature to medium.
- Boil until potatoes are tender to a fork poke.
- Smash the potatoes with a fork until the desired consistency is achieved.
- Add black pepper, salt, turmeric, pepper sauce and smoke flavor.
- Stir soup well and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Add Parmesan cheese, sea salt, cream cheese and cream.
- Stir until cream cheese is fully incorporated into the soup.
- Serve into bowls, the top with chives and bacon crumbles.
How to Make Baked Potato Soup
- Panera's Baked Potato Soup is slightly spicy it due to the addition of black pepper and hot sauce, but the heat index can be easily lowered by minimizing or eliminating the hot ingredients. Use fresh spices for best results.
- For a healthier option, use low-fat cream cheese and eliminate the fresh cream from the recipe.
- The soup freezes easily and reheats quickly and cooks can easily adapt it to fit any dietary restrictions or flavor preferences.
- If you want to make a smaller serving size, simply halve the ingredients to make enough soup for three diners.
Also See: How to Make Panera Broccoli Cheddar Soup, How to Make Panera Chicken Noodle Soup, How to Make Panera Chicken Tortilla Soup, How to Make Panera Black Bean Soup, How to Make Panera Cream of Chicken and Wild Rice Soup