From Copycat Recipe Guide
Panera Balsamic Vinaigrette
The Panera classic salad relies heavily on the balsamic vinaigrette for flavor. The homemade Panera balsamic vinaigrette recipe is one of the restaurant's core menu items. At Panera, the classic salad is based on romaine lettuce with mixed field greens topped with red onions, fresh tomatoes, cucumbers, and a hearty dose of the reduced-fat balsamic vinaigrette drizzled on top. As listed the vinaigrette is meant for one entree-sized salad portion, but the dressing can be modified based on the amount of vinaigrette desired or number of salads. The dressing is best prepared in a blender, but a whisk can be used as an alternative.
Start to finish: 30 minutes
|Flickr: samantha celera|
|Customer service phone||866-270-1064|
|Main ingredients||Soybean oil, cider vinegar|
|Similar to||Applebee's champagne vinaigrette|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Panera Balsamic Vinaigrette Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 1/2 teaspoons soybean oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 clove garlic
Panera Balsamic Vinaigrette Recipe
- Place 2 tablespoons water, 2 1/2 teaspoons of soybean oil, and 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar in a blender.
- Pulsing the blender several times to blend ingredients.
- Add 2 teaspoons sugar and 1 teaspoon of salt to the blender.
- Grate and mash garlic into a paste.
- Add grated garlic to the blender.
- Turn the blender on medium-high, then blend for about 2 minutes, or until the vinaigrette is well blended.
- Use balsamic vinaigrette immediately for best results. The vinaigrette can be used warm or cold, based on salad preferences. When served warm, the flavors a a bit stronger.
How to Make Panera Balsamic Vinaigrette
The Panera balsamic dressing can be easily modified based on taste preferences. Add black pepper, Cayenne pepper or another hot spice to heat up the dressing. Consider adding some fresh herbs such as basil or cilantro for an Italian-inspired vinaigrette. The dressing can also be used to marinate beef or chicken and to flavor a pasta dish. Try using the dressing along with tomatoes, basil leaves and goat cheese and fresh pasta for a simple, yet flavor-packed pasta dish. Serve any meal with a thick slice of hearty bread for an authentic Panera experience at home.
Also See: How to Make a Panera Smokehouse Turkey Panini, How to Make a Panera Frontega Chicken Panini, How to Make a Panera Salmon Club Croissant, How to Make a Panera Roasted Turkey Artichoke Panini, How to Make a Panera Chipotle Chicken Panini