From Copycat Recipe Guide
Panera Broccoli Cheddar Soup
This Panera Broccoli Cheddar soup recipe is relatively easy to prepare and can be made in larger batches and frozen for future use.
The recipe is easily modified based on dietary restrictions or flavor preferences, and is is suitable for children, families or even single diners who want a flavorful and filling soup. For an authentic restaurant-style presentation, serve with a large slice of fresh crusty bread.
Flickr: Joel Kramer
|Customer service phone||866-270-1064|
|Main ingredients||Broccoli, carrots, cheese|
|Similar to||Applebee's Broccoli Cheddar Soup|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Panera Broccoli Cheddar Soup Ingredients
- 3 1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup carrots
- 2/3 cup yellow onion
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 chicken boullion cube
- 1 beef boullion cube
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1 block Velveeta American cheese
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces extra sharp cheddar cheese
Panera Broccoli Cheddar Soup Recipe
- Chop onions, mince garlic, julienne carrots and grate cheese, then set aside.
- Chop broccoli into bite-size pieces, then steam until tender.
- Add about 1 tablespoon of the butter into a saute pan, and warm over a medium heat until melted.
- Add the garlic and onions to the pan and saute until the onions are translucent, stirring frequently.
- Place flour into the pan and stir until the flour starts to incorporate into the liquid.
- Pour in the half and half while stirring.
- Add broccoli, Velveeta, water, bullion cubes and carrots.
- Cook over a low heat, where the soup is gently simmering for 30 minutes.
- Add the grated cheddar cheese to the pot and cook until melted.
How to Make Panera Broccoli Cheddar Soup
As a healthier alternative, consider replacing the half and half with a fat-free, or low-fat version, or evaporated milk.
You can also increase the spiciness of the soup by adding in 1/4 teaspoon of Cayenne pepper for a nice kick.
Consider serving the soup in a bread bowl, the way they do at Panera, for an extra-special, tummy-warming dish.
Also See: How to Make a Panera Smokehouse Turkey Panini, How to Make a Panera Frontega Chicken Panini, How to Make a Panera Salmon Club Croissant, How to Make a Panera Roasted Turkey Artichoke Panini, How to Make a Panera Chipotle Chicken Panini