From Copycat Recipe Guide
Panera Chicken Tortilla Soup
The Panera Chicken Tortilla soup is a seasonal selection that is not a permanent feature on the restaurant's menu. Fortunately, the Panera Chicken Tortilla soup recipe, which is similar to their Southwest Chicken Soup, is simple to prepare, so that home chef's can enjoy the taste of the soup whenever the mood strikes. The economical soup option can be customized with different seasonings to adjust the spiciness of the dish based on the diners. This soup is best prepared in a crockpot to help bring out the flavors. As with all the soups at Panera, the Chicken Tortilla soup can be served along side a crusty hunk of bread, or it can be dressed up inside a bread bowl.
|Flickr: samantha celera|
|Customer service phone||866-270-1064|
|Main ingredients||Chicken, tomatoes, black beans|
|Similar to||Atlanta Bread Company's Baja Chicken Enchilada soup|
Panera Chicken Tortilla Soup Ingredients
- 1 lb shredded chicken
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup corn
- 2 cups black beans
- 1 can enchilada sauce
- 1 1/2 cups yellow onion
- 1/2 cup green chile peppers
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 cups water
- 1 chicken bullion cube
- 1 beef bullion cube
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 lime
- 8 corn tortillas
- Vegetable oil
- 1/8 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Sour cream
Panera Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe
- Chop onions, mince garlic, and chop green chilies.
- Add onions, garlic, green chilies, chicken, tomatoes, black beans corn, and enchilada sauce into the crockpot.
- Add water and seasonings.
- Stir gently to incorporate seasonings.
- Cover the crock pot and cook for about 4 hours on a high setting. If you prefer, you can cook on a low temperature for up to 8 hours.
- Before serving, squeeze 1/2 a lime into the soup, then stir.
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut corn tortillas into long strips and brush each side with vegetable oil.
- Place strips on baking sheet and lightly dust with salt.
- Bake strips until crispy.
- Ladle soup into bowls, then top with shredded cheese, sour cream, tortilla strips and cilantro.
How to Make Panera Chicken Tortilla Soup
Many variations of Chicken Tortilla exist due to regional variations in Latin American countries. In general, you can vary the types of chilies and how to use the tortilla strips. For a softer tortilla, add the strips directly to the soup the last 1/2 hour it is cooking.
Also See: How to Make Panera Broccoli Cheddar Soup, How to Make a Panera Smokehouse Turkey Panini, How to Make a Panera Frontega Chicken Panini, How to Make a Panera Salmon Club Croissant, How to Make a Panera Roasted Turkey Artichoke Panini, How to Make a Panera Chipotle Chicken Panini