From Copycat Recipe Guide
Panera Chopped Chicken Cobb Salad
The Panera chopped chicken Cobb salad recipe takes the standard salad recipe and kicks it up a notch through the use of fresh ingredients and balanced seasonings. The salad featured daily on the restaurant's menu is easy to recreate in the home kitchen. The meal combines grilled chicken, Gorgonzola crumbles, and Romaine lettuce topped with a Greek dressing. At the restaurant, the salad can be ordered on its own. It is also available in 1/2 salad size as part of their "you-pick-two" option. While the Panera steak and blue cheese chopped salad is great in the restaurant, it's also simple to make this dish for yourself.
Start to finish: 30 minutes
|Flickr: samantha celera|
|Customer service phone||866-270-1064|
|Main ingredients||Lettuce, Gorgonzola crumbles|
|Similar to||Atlanta Bread Company's Chicken Cobb Salad|
Panera Chopped Chicken Cobb Salad Ingredients
- 1 cup Romaine lettuce
- 1 cup chicken
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup diced egg
- 1/4 cup Gorgonzola crumbles
- 1/4 cup tomatoes
- 1/4 cup applewood smoked bacon
- 1/8 cup Greek dressing
Panera Chopped Chicken Cobb Salad Recipe
- Clean Romaine lettuce, then roughly chop into bite-size pieces.
- Spin lettuce to remove excess water, or blot with paper towels.
- Place lettuce in a large bowl.
- Chop tomatoes, then add to the bowl.
- Chop chicken and place into a small bowl with lemon juice.
- Stir chicken and marinate for five to ten minutes.
- Sprinkle black pepper and salt evenly over the chicken.
- Grill chicken, then add to the salad bowl.
- Pour Greek dressing over the salad and toss gently.
- Top salad with Gorgonzola crumbles and crumbled applewood smoked bacon.
- Place into salad bowl, then serve with a large slice of freshly baked bread.
How to Make Panera Chopped Chicken Cobb Salad
Panera is a chain of restaurants in the "fast-casual" space that has a menu filled with a wide range of salads, soups and sandwiches. The fresh-based concept allows home cooks a good basis for recreating healthy, yet flavorful salad options.
The Panera chopped chicken Cobb salad can be prepared with a range of ingredients. You can easily substitute blue cheese for feta, or create a vegetarian option by leaving off the meat. For best results, allow the Gorgonzola crumbles to warm slightly before serving to create a stronger flavor.
Also See: How to Make a Panera Smokehouse Turkey Panini, How to Make a Panera Frontega Chicken Panini, How to Make a Panera Salmon Club Croissant, How to Make a Panera Roasted Turkey Artichoke Panini, How to Make a Panera Chipotle Chicken Panini