From Copycat Recipe Guide
Panera Cinnamon Crunch Bagels
Although Panera doesn't give away the recipe for the Cinnamon Crunch Bagels they serve at their restaurants, this Panera Cinnamon Crunch Bagel recipe may just fool you into thinking it came straight from their bakery. These bagels make a sweet breakfast treat or anytime snack, and are made with cinnamon, sugar and vanilla chips.
|Source: samantha celera|
|Offered by||Panera Bread|
|Customer service phone||866-270-1064|
|Main ingredients||Flour, yeast, cinnamon, sugar, vanilla chips|
|Cooking method||Boiling, baking|
|Similar to||Cinnamon sugar bagels|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Panera Cinnamon Crunch Bagels Ingredients
- 4 1/4 cups flour
- 2 packets dry yeast
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 cup vanilla or white chocolate chips
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup cinnamon
Panera Cinnamon Crunch Bagels Recipe
- Start the dough by mixing the yeast with 1 1/4 cups flour in a bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the water, 3 tablespoons of sugar, cinnamon, vanilla chips the salt. Add to the yeast mixture, and beat for about 3 minutes.
- Use your hands to mix in more flour until the dough is somewhat stiff.
- Place the dough on a floured surface, and knead for about 10 minutes until elastic.
- Cover and let sit for about 15 minutes.
- Divide into 12 portions. Form rounds, and poke a hole in the middle of each to shape bagels.
- Let sit for 20 minutes while you start a large pot of boiling water, stirring in a tablespoon of sugar.
- Reduce to a simmer. Add the bagels in batches, cooking for about 7 minutes each. Flip when halfway done.
- Heat oven to 425 degrees while bagels are boiling.
- Drain each bagel when done cooking, and arrange on a baking sheet.
- Combine the sugars and cinnamon for topping in a bowl.
- Brush each bagel with melted butter, and top with the cinnamon and sugar mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes until topping is crisp.
How to Boil Bagel Dough
If you cringe at the thought of spending this much time on a bagel, try making a version that will taste a bit less like the original but is far easier to prepare. Simply start with a pre-made bagel (preferably from Panera), and top with the cinnamon and sugar mixture.