From Copycat Recipe Guide
Panera Cream of Chicken and Wild Rice Soup
This Panera Cream of Chicken and Wild Rice Soup recipe offers a way for home cooks to recreate the soup served three days a week in the chain restaurant's locations. The soup is a creamy and flavorful dish that can be enjoyed for lunch or dinner. The Panera Cream of Chicken and Wild Rice Soup recipe is easy to make and can be prepared in advance. The soup can be frozen, then taken out and reheated in a pot for a simple evening meal. This copycat recipe is easily modified to suite most flavor and ingredient preferences. While this soup is full of flavor, it is not spicy, so it is suitable for children.
Start to finish: 1 hour (Active time: 35 minutes)
|Flickr: samantha celera|
|Customer service phone||866-270-1064|
|Main ingredients||Chicken, wild rice|
|Similar to||Chicken and Wild Rice Soup|
Panera Cream of Chicken and Wild Rice Soup Ingredients
- 1 cup white and dark meat chicken, diced
- 2 cans chicken stock
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup cream
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup celery
- 1 cup cabbage
- 1/2 cup onions
- 1/2 cup carrots
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup white and wild rice mix
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
Panera Cream of Chicken and Wild Rice Soup Recipe
- Slice onions, cabbage, carrots, and celery.
- Place approximately 3 tablespoons canola oil in the bottom of a stock pot.
- Saute onions, carrots, cabbage and celery for a few minutes.
- Add water, sugar, spices and broth to the pot and bring to a boil.
- Lower temperature to a simmer and cover pot. Cook for approximately 20 minutes.
- Cook white and wild rice mix in a separate pot according to package directions. Avoid over cooking.
- Drain rice mix, then add to the pot.
- Stir in cream and butter, then simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Serve soup hot with a side of a thick, crusty bread.
How to Make Cream of Chicken and Wild Rice Soup
- Panera's Cream of Chicken and Wild Rice Soup is a fairly basic recipe, which means that cooks can adapt it to suit their individual tastes. Use fresh spices and ingredients for best results. To spice up the dish, use cayenne pepper or a hot sauce.
- Consider serving the soup along with one of Panera's signature salads or sandwiches for a multi-course meal.
Also See: How to Make Panera Creamy Tomato Soup, How to Make Panera Chicken Tortilla Soup, How to Make Panera Chicken Noodle Soup, How to Make Panera Broccoli Cheddar Soup, How to Make Panera Black Bean Soup, How to Make Panera Baked Potato Soup