From Copycat Recipe Guide
Panera Creamy Tomato Soup
Panera Bread's Creamy Tomato Soup is offered daily on the restaurant's menu. In the restaurant, the soup is garnished with freshly-baked croutons and is suitable as a side dish, soup course, or as part of a main meal along with a sandwich. Preparing the dish at home is a great alternative to breaking the budget by eating this soup in the restaurant often. The Panera Tomato soup recipe is simple and flavorful and cooks can easily freeze any leftovers to enjoy at a later date. Consider making the soup with fresh summer tomatoes for a extra-special treat.
Start to finish: 1 hour (Active time: 30 minutes)
|Customer service phone||866-270-1064|
|Main ingredients||Tomatoes, cream, butter, garlic|
|Similar to||Applebee's Tomato Soup|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Panera Creamy Tomato Soup Ingredients
- 2 cups fresh pear tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 1/2 cup fresh heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 2 medium white onions
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons roasted garlic
- 1/4 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon wheat flour
- Asiago croutons
Panera Creamy Tomato Soup Recipe
- Thinly slice onions.
- Puree roasted garlic.
- Chop tomatoes and blend until smooth.
- Place olive oil in the bottom of a large pot.
- Add onions and saute over a medium heat until caramelized.
- Add water, blended tomatoes, tomato puree, minced garlic and spices to the pot and bring to a boil.
- Lower temperature to a simmer and cover.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add wheat flour and stir continuously over a low heat until no lumps remain and the soup thickens slightly.
- Add cream and butter, then stir.
- Serve into bowls, then top with Asiago croutons.
How to Choose Tomatoes for Panera Creamy Tomato Soup
- Panera's tomato soup can be prepared with a wide range of tomato varieties and spices. Use fresh spices and ingredients, rather than dried or canned, for best results. To spice up the dish add a dash of Cayenne pepper.
- Consider serving the soup in a hearty bread bowl for a twist on the standard soup recipe.
Also See: How to Make Panera Baked Potato Soup, How to Make Panera Chicken Tortilla Soup, How to Make Panera Chicken Noodle Soup, How to Make Panera Broccoli Cheddar Soup, How to Make Panera Black Bean Soup, How to Make Panera Cream of Chicken and Wild Rice Soup