From Copycat Recipe Guide
Panera Garden Vegetable Soup
The Panera garden vegetable soup found on the chain restaurant's menu is a vegetarian, low-fat dish. The soup is high in nutrition, but also high in flavor. Packed with vegetables and flavored with a hint of pesto, Panera's Garden Vegetable Soup is served three days a week in the restaurant. If you are located far from a Panera location or need to save money, preparing the dish at home is a great alternative. The Panera garden vegetable soup recipe is easy to make in large batches by doubling or tripling the recipe.
Start to finish: 30 minutes
|Flickr: samantha celera|
|Customer service phone||866-270-1064|
|Main ingredients||Zucchini, tomatoes, beans, bell peppers|
|Similar to||Applebee's Vegetable Soup|
Panera Garden Vegetable Soup Ingredients
- 2 cups pearled barley
- 2 cans tomato broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup tomatoes
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup yellow wax beans
- 1/2 cup zucchini
- 1/2 cups onion
- 1/2 cup cauliflower
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup Swiss chard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoons cilantro
- 1/4 cup Romano cheese
- Olive oil
Panera Garden Vegetable Soup Recipe
- Prepare tomatoes, onions, zucchini, cauliflower, red bell pepper, and Swiss chard by cutting or slicing in to small chunks.
- Mince garlic cloves.
- Place olive oil in the bottom of a large pot and heat.
- Saute onions, zucchini, red bell pepper and Swiss chard for a few minutes.
- Add water, tomato broth, cauliflower and minced garlic to the pot and bring to a boil.
- Lower temperature to a simmer. Cover pot.
- Cook for 30 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Add Romano cheese, onion powder, cilantro and garlic powder.
- Stir until cheese is incorporated into the soup.
- Serve soup hot, then garnish with basil pesto.
How to Make Panera Garden Vegetable Soup
- Panera garden vegetable soup is packed with flavor, but it also has a mild taste, which makes it an ideal choice for small children or adults who don't care for spicy foods. If you prefer a spicier dish, you can increase the heat by adding hot sauce or Cayenne pepper.
- The soup is vegetarian, but not appropriate for a vegan diet. Substitute the Romano cheese for a vegan-appropriate cheese.
- The soup can be frozen and reheats easily, making it a good choice for a large family dinner, especially when served with fresh bread.
- The flavors of the soup are enhanced by fresh ingredients, so this is a perfect soup to prepare during the summer when squash, tomatoes and other vegetables are fresh on the vine. Consider searching for locally-sourced ingredients to ensure the flavor and freshness of your soup.
Also See: How to Make Panera Baked Potato Soup, How to Make Panera French Onion Soup, How to Make Panera Black Bean Soup, How to Make Panera Broccoli Cheddar Soup, How to Make Panera Creamy Tomato Soup