From Copycat Recipe Guide
Panera Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad
The Panera grilled chicken Caesar salad recipe found on the chain restaurant's menu is the chain's recreation of a classic salad combination. The salad combines romaine lettuce with Asiago-Parmesan cheese and tops it with a fresh Caesar dressing. Panera's version of the salad features antibiotic-free, natural chicken and homemade Asiago cheese croutons. At the restaurant, the salad can be enjoyed in entree-size, or as part of their "you-pick-two" option where you are able to enjoy a 1/2 salad along with another selection. Despite the rich taste, you can easily make this recipe at home with easy-to-find ingredients. The secret of recreating the salad is to use quality ingredients and fresh-made croutons.
Start to finish: 30 minutes
|Flickr: samantha celera|
|Customer service phone||866-270-1064|
|Main ingredients||Grilled chicken, Asiago-Parmesan Cheese|
|Similar to||Applebees' Caesar Salad|
Panera Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad Ingredients
- 1 cup Romaine lettuce
- 1 cup chicken
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Asiago Parmesan blend
- 1/4 cup Asiago croutons
- 1/4 cup Caesar dressing
Panera Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad Recipe
- Clean Romaine lettuce.
- Spin lettuce to remove excess water, or blot with paper towels.
- Place lettuce in a large bowl.
- Slice chicken into strips and place into a small bowl.
- Add lemon juice to the chicken and stir.
- Allow chicken to marinate in the lemon juice for 5 minutes.
- Add black pepper and salt to the chicken mixture and stir.
- Grill chicken strips.
- Place grilled chicken on top of the Romaine lettuce.
- Add Asiago Parmesan blend, then toss.
- Add tomatoes and red onions on top of the salad.
- Pour Caesar dressing lightly over the top of the salad.
- Top salad with Asiago croutons.
- Place into salad bowl, then serve with a large slice of freshly baked bread.
How to Make Panera Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad
The Panera grilled chicken Caesar salad can be prepared with a range of ingredients. You can easily substitute turkey, beef or shrimp for the chicken, or create a vegetarian option by leaving off the meat entirely. For best results, bake fresh croutons and use a freshly-made Caesar dressing for a more intense flavor.
Panera is a chain of restaurants in the "fast-casual" space that has a menu filled with a wide range of salads, soups and sandwiches. The fresh-based concept allows home cooks a good basis for recreating healthy, yet flavorful salad options.
Also See: How to Make a Panera Smokehouse Turkey Panini, How to Make a Panera Frontega Chicken Panini, How to Make a Panera Salmon Club Croissant, How to Make a Panera Roasted Turkey Artichoke Panini, How to Make a Panera Chipotle Chicken Panini