From Copycat Recipe Guide
Panera Salmon Caesar Salad
The Panera Salmon Caesar salad was briefly featured on the restaurant's menu. The dish may return as a seasonal offering. The salad tops a classic Ceasar salad with the healthy and flavorful kick of freshly grilled salmon, mixing romaine lettuce with Asiago-Parmesan cheese shavings. This entree is topped with freshly made Caesar dressing and Panera's homemade Asiago cheese croutons. Since the salad is not routinely available, the Panera Salmon Caesar salad is a perfect option for a home chef. The recipe is easy to create once you have the correct ingredients.
Start to finish: 30 minutes
|Flickr: samantha celera|
|Customer service phone||866-270-1064|
|Main ingredients||Salmon, Asiago-Parmesan Cheese|
|Similar to||Panera's Chicken Caesar Salad|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Panera Grilled Salmon Caesar Salad Ingredients
- 1 cup Romaine lettuce
- 1 cup grilled salmon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Asiago Parmesan blend
- 1/4 cup Asiago croutons
- 1/4 cup Caesar dressing
Panera Salmon Caesar Salad Recipe
- Rinse Romaine lettuce and roughly break it into bite-sized pieces. If available, use a salad spinner to remove excess water from the leaves.
- Put Romaine lettuce into a large salad bowl.
- Slice Asiago Parmesan cheese into thin slices and add to the salad bowl.
- Chop tomatoes into small cubes and add to the mix.
- Thinly slice the red onion, then sprinkle over the salad.
- Clean salmon filet. Make approximately 5 diagonal slices on the Salmon. These slices should go with the "grain" and go down about 1/4 of the thickness of the fish.
- Place salmon into a medium-sized bowl.
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice liberally over the salmon.
- Allow the fish to sit for about 3 minutes in the juice, the flip to the other side for another 3 minutes.
- Add black pepper and salt to the Salmon mixture and gently flip the fish several times.
- Grill salmon strips on a pre-heated grill. Grill until done, but avoid overcooking.
- Place salmon on top of the Romaine lettuce.
- Pour Panera's Caesar dressing lightly over the top of the salad.
- Top salad with Asiago croutons.
- Serve with a slice of thick, crusty bread.
How to Make Panera Salmon Caesar Salad
The Panera Salmon Caesar salad can be prepared with a range of ingredients. You can easily substitute turkey, beef or shrimp for the chicken, or create a vegetarian option by leaving off the meat entirely. For best results, bake fresh croutons and use a freshly-made Caesar dressing for a more intense flavor.
Panera is a chain of restaurants that features a wide range of freshly-prepared salads, soups and sandwiches. Eating at the restaurant, then duplicating the flavors at home makes it easier for home cooks to prepare the meal for themselves.
Also See: How to Make a Panera Smokehouse Turkey Panini, How to Make a Panera Frontega Chicken Panini, How to Make a Panera Salmon Club Croissant, How to Make a Panera Roasted Turkey Artichoke Panini, How to Make a Panera Chipotle Chicken Panini