From Copycat Recipe Guide
Panera Steak and Blue Cheese Chopped Salad
This Panera Steak and Blue Cheese Chopped Salad recipe found on the chain restaurant's menu is a crisp, flavor-packed salad that offers a classic "black and blue" salad option. The dish combines steak, cheese, and Romaine lettuce with crispy garlic pepper onions that are topped with a blue cheese vinaigrette, then drizzled with a Cabernet reduction.
At the restaurant, the salad can be enjoyed in entree-size or as part of Panera's "you-pick-two" option where diners are able to enjoy a 1/2 salad along with another selection. While the Panera Bread Steak and Blue Cheese Chopped salad is great in the restaurant, it is an easy recipe to replicate at home. The best way to duplicate the salad is to use fresh ingredients and a high-quality Gorgonzola cheese crumble.
Start to finish: 20 minutes
|Flickr: samantha celera|
|Customer service phone||866-270-1064|
|Main ingredients||Lettuce, Gorgonzola crumbles, chopped steak|
|Similar to||Applebees' Black and Blue salad|
Panera Steak and Blue Cheese Chopped Salad Ingredients
- 1 cup Romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup chopped steak
- 1/8 teaspoon dehydrated garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup crispy garlic pepper onions
- 1/8 cup Gorgonzola crumbles
- 1/4 cup tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon buttermilk
- 1/8 cup blue cheese vinaigrette
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon raisin juice concentrate
- 1 teaspoon Cabernet wine
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon cornstarch
Panera Steak and Blue Cheese Chopped Salad Recipe
- Clean Romaine lettuce, then roughly chop into bite-size pieces.
- Spin lettuce to remove excess water, or blot with paper towels.
- Place lettuce in a large bowl.
- Chop tomatoes.
- Add crispy garlic pepper onions to the salad, then toss.
- Chop steak into large strips, then season with dehydrated garlic, sea salt and canola oil.
- Grill steak, then place onto the top of the salad.
- Add tomatoes on top of the salad.
- Place 1/4 teaspoon buttermilk, 1 teaspoon sugar, 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar, 1 teaspoon Cabernet wine, 1 tablespoon raisin juice concentrate, 1 teaspoon vinegar and 1/8 teaspoon corn starch in a small pan over medium heat. Cook mixture while stirring continuously until sauce has reduced to half the original quantity to create a Cabernet reduction sauce.
- Pour blue cheese vinaigrette and Panera Cabernet sauce over the salad and toss gently.
- Top salad with Gorgonzola crumbles.
- Place into salad bowl, then serve with a large slice of freshly baked bread.
How to Make Blue Cheese Vinaigrette Salad Dressing
- Panera's Steak and Blue cheese Chopped Salad can be prepared with a range of ingredients. You can easily substitute blue cheese for feta or create a vegetarian option by leaving off the meat.
- Try serving the salad alongside one of Panera's signature soups such as Chicken Noodle or Baked Potato.
Also See: How to Make Panera BBQ Chopped Chicken Salad, How to Make Panera Thai Chopped Chicken Salad, How to Make Panera Chopped Chicken Cobb Salad, How to Make Panera Classic Salad, How to Make Panera Greek Salad, How to Make Panera Caesar Salad, How to Make a Panera Steak and White Cheddar Panini