From Copycat Recipe Guide
Panera Strawberry Poppyseed and Chicken Salad
The Panera strawberry poppyseed and chicken salad recipe offers a refreshing blend of fruits, chicken and crispy Romaine lettuce. The salad featured seasonally on the restaurant's menu. The salad is possible to make at home, but it does require high-quality ingredients to duplicate the flavor of Panera's version of the salad. In addition to lettuce and chicken, the salad combines mandarin oranges, blueberries, pineapple, pecans and fresh strawberries and is topped with a fat free poppyseed dressing. At the restaurant, guests can either order the salad by itself or request it in a half-salad size as part of Panera's "you-pick-two" option. Since the salad is offered only seasonally, learning how to recreate the the salad at home allows you to enjoy the fruit-infused salad year-round.
Start to finish: 30 minutes
|Customer service phone||866-270-1064|
|Main ingredients||Lettuce, strawberries|
|Similar to||Applebee's Seasonal Berry & Spinach Salad|
Panera Strawberry Poppyseed and Chicken Salad Ingredients
- 1 cup Romaine lettuce
- 1 cup chicken
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons mandarin oranges
- 2 tablespoons blueberries
- 2 tablespoons fresh strawberries
- 2 tablespoons fresh pineapple
- 1/8 cup pecans
- 1/8 cup poppyseed dressing
Panera Strawberry Poppyseed and Chicken Salad Recipe
- Clean Romaine lettuce, dry with paper towels, then shred the lettuce into medium-sized pieces.
- Place lettuce in a serving bowl.
- Top lettuce with fresh pineapple, mandarin oranges, and blueberries.
- Chop chicken and place into a small bowl with lemon juice.
- Stir chicken and marinate for five to ten minutes.
- Sprinkle black pepper and salt evenly over the chicken.
- Grill chicken, then add to the salad bowl while still warm.
- Chop pecans, then distribute over the salad.
- Pour poppyseed dressing over the salad.
- Serve with a large slice of freshly baked bread.
Recipe by CopyCatRecipeGuide's Food Editors
How to Make Panera Strawberry Poppyseed and Chicken Salad
The Panera strawberry poppyseed and chicken salad can be prepared with a range of ingredients. You can easily substitute create a vegetarian option by leaving off the meat. You can also vary the types and volume of fruit used. If you prefer a spicier taste, you might try adding a tablespoon of minced jalapeno pepper to the top of the finished entree.
Also See: How to Make Panera Poppyseed Dressing, How to Make Panera Asian Sesame Chicken Salad, How to Make Panera BBQ Chopped Chicken Salad, How to Make Panera Fuji Apple Chicken Salad, How to Make Panera Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad