From Copycat Recipe Guide
Panera Thai Chopped Chicken Salad
The Panera Thai chopped salad recipe takes the standard salad recipe and combines fresh ingredients with Thai-style seasonings for a crunchy, satisfying meal. The salad, which is featured daily on the restaurant's menu, is a crisp, flavor-packed dish that is easy to recreate in the home kitchen. The salad combines citrus and pepper seasoned chicken, Romaine lettuce, fresh cilantro, crispy wonton strips, Thai cashew pieces, fire-roasted edamame, Thai-style peanut sauce and is topped with a low-fat Thai chili salad dressing. At the restaurant, the salad can be ordered as a meal-sized entree. It is also available in as a half salad as part of Panera's "you-pick-two" option. The secret of recreating the salad is to use fresh ingredients and extra-crispy wonton strips.
Start to finish: 30 minutes
|Customer service phone||866-270-1064|
|Similar to||Applebee's Oriental Chicken Salad |
Panera Thai Chopped Salad Ingredients
- 1/2 cup Romaine lettuce
- 3 ounces chicken breast
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1/8 cup edamame, carrots and red pepper blend
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 Tablespoons Thai chili vinaigrette
- 1 stalk lemongrass
- 1/8 cup wonton strips
- 3 teaspoons no-salt, roasted Thai cashew pieces
- 3 teaspoons Thai peanut sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon cilantro
Panera Panera Thai Chopped Salad Recipe
- Clean Romaine lettuce, then roughly chop into bite-size pieces.
- Blot lettuce leaves with a paper towel until dry.
- Place lettuce in a mixing bowl.
- Cook carrots, edamame and red peppers with a dash of sesame oil until crisp-tender, then set aside and allow to cool.
- Clean chicken, then sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Season chicken with pepper, sea salt, garlic and onion powder.
- Pan-grill chicken with a dash of sesame oil.
- Slice chicken into small pieces, sprinkle with paprika, then add to the bowl.
- Add vinegar to edamame mixture and stir, then evenly distribute over the top of the salad.
- Pour Thai vinaigrette over the salad and toss gently.
- Add wonton strips to the tops of the salad.
- Drizzle peanut sauce over the top of the salad.
- Sprinkle cashew pieces and diced cilantro over the top of the salad.
- Serve salad with a large slice of freshly baked bread.
Recipe by CopyCatRecipeGuide's Food Editors
How to Make Panera Panera Thai Chopped Salad Salad
The Panera Thai chopped salad can be prepared with a range of ingredients. You can easily substitute spiced cashews for regular cashews, or create a vegetarian option by leaving out the chicken. For best results, allow the chicken and edamame to cool slightly after cooking, but add them to the salad while still warm to create a stronger flavor.
Also See: How to Make Panera Asian Sesame Chicken Salad, How to Make Panera BBQ Chopped Chicken Salad, How to Make Panera Chopped Chicken Cobb Salad, How to Make Panera Strawberry Poppyseed and Chicken Salad, How to Make Panera Fuji Apple Chicken Salad