From Copycat Recipe Guide
Pies-N-Thighs Fried Chicken
This Pies-N-Thighs Fried Chicken recipe was provided by the owners of the restaurant via the Martha Stewart Show. The episode, titled The Comfort Food Show with Luke Perry, featured Pies-N-Thighs owners Carolyn Bane and Erika Geldzahler, who demonstrated the recipe for the famous fried chicken they serve at the restaurant. Other dishes featured on the show included mashed potatoes, pulled pork and doughnuts.
Pies-N-Thighs is located in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, and the eatery was honored by Food and Wine for having some of the best-tasting fried chicken in the country. The restaurant serves breakfast, lunch and dinner, as well as brunch on weekends.
|Source: neil conway|
|Customer service phone||347-529-6090|
|Served as||Main dish|
|Main ingredients||Chicken, oil, sugar, spices, flour|
|Similar to||Fried chicken|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Pies-N-Thighs Fried Chicken Ingredients
- 1 organic chicken, carved into 8 portions
- Canola oil to deep fry
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup coarsely-ground salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon paprilka
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
Pies-N-Thighs Fried Chicken Recipe
- In a large pot, mix salt and sugar with 4 quarts of water.
- Bring to a boil, stirring to fully dissolve salt and sugar, then allow to fully cool.
- Sprinkle the chicken with paprika, cayenne and black pepper. Add to the water, and place in the refrigerator for 24 hours to marinate.
- Add 2 inches of canola oil to a large cast iron skillet, and heat to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Run the chicken under water, then dredge in the flour, shake to remove any extra, and fry until golden brown. Set the fully-cooked chicken onto towels to absorb the extra oil, and then serve.
Recipe courtesy of Carolyn Bane and Erika Geldzahler of Pies-N-Thighs
How to Deep Fry Chicken
- At Pies-N-Thighs, guests can order the Fried Chicken Box. For a full restaurant experience at home, replicate this order by serving three pieces of fried chicken along with a biscuit and a side dish. Side dish options at the restaurant include potato salad, mac and cheese, collard greens, black-eyed pea salad, baked beans, cheese grits, hush puppies, fries and cole slaw.
Also See: How to Make KFC Original Recipe Fried Chicken, How to Make Zaxby's Chicken Fingers, How to Make Cracker Barrel Hash Brown Casserole, How to Make the Original KFC Biscuits, How to Make Cracker Barrel Biscuits