From Copycat Recipe Guide
Pizza Hut Baked Cinnamon Sticks with Icing
To make Pizza Hut Baked Cinnamon Sticks with Icing, you'll need to start with the recipe for the restaurant's pizza dough. Once the dough is finished, the rest of the recipe is a snap. Pizza Hut serves these cinnamon sticks a dessert to follow their pizzas, pastas and other American-Italian dishes. The cinnamon sticks are always served with a side of white icing to dip the bread sticks into.
|Offered by||Pizza Hut|
|Customer service phone||800-948-8488|
|Main ingredients||Pizza dough, cinnamon, sugar, butter|
|Cooking method||Baking, melting|
|Similar to||Cinnamon bread sticks|
Pizza Hut Baked Cinnamon Sticks with Icing Ingredients
- 5 cups flour
- 2 1/2 cups warm water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 packet yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
Pizza Hut Baked Cinnamon Sticks with Icing Recipe
- Combine the water, yeast, sugar and oil in a large bowl.
- Let the mixture sit for 15 minutes so the yeast can feed.
- Add the flour in small batches, mixing until smooth after each batch. Add the salt with the first batch.
- Pour the dough onto a floured surface, and knead until dough is elastic.
- Return the dough to a bowl, cover loosely and let rise for an hour and a half.
- Heat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Roll the dough into a rectangle that will fit in your baking pan.
- Mix the cinnamon and sugar together in a small bowl.
- Brush the dough with the melted butter, and sprinkle the cinnamon and sugar mixture on top.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Make the icing by whisking all ingredients until smooth. Add more sugar to thicken or more milk to thin.
- When the breadsticks are done, slice into strips and serve with the icing.
White Buttercream Icing
- For a super-easy version of these cinnamon breadsticks, start with a pizza dough from the store, preferably one that's shaped like a rectangle. Pillsbury makes one that will work with this recipe. Proceed with the rest of the recipe as normal, but be sure to follow the baking instructions on the dough package.
Also See: How to Make Cracker Barrel Coca Cola Cake, How to Make Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls, How to Make Cinnabon Cream Cheese Frosting, How to Make Cheesecake Factory Craig's Crazy Carrot Cake Cheesecake, How to Make Pizza Hut Hershey's Chocolate Dunkers