From Copycat Recipe Guide
Pizza Hut Breadsticks
At Pizza Hut, diners can purchase many appetizers, including breadsticks, cheesesticks, and cinnamon sticks. The Pizza Hut Breadsticks recipe consists of soft bread that is seasoned with Italian spices and served with marinara sauce. Try serving the finished breadsticks along with chicken wings and Blue Cheese Dip to serve a crowd.
|Flickr: ell brown|
|Customer service phone||(877)302-7777|
|Main ingredients||Flour, yeast, powdered milk, parmesan cheese|
|Similar to||Olive Garden Breadsticks|
Pizza Hut Breadsticks Ingredients
- 1 1/3 cups warm water
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cups flour
- 1 ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp instant yeast
- 1/2 cup dry powdered milk
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- Parmesan cheese, oregano, basil, and dried garlic to taste
- Marinara sauce, for serving
Pizza Hut Breadsticks Recipe
- If you have a bread machine, combine the flour, water, yeast, dry powdered milk, and salt in the machine. Turn the machine to the rise setting.
- If you don’t have a bread machine, pour the warm water into a large mixing bowl. Add the yeast, dry milk, and salt. Stir to combine until the yeast dissolves.
- Add the flour to the bowl in batches, mixing it in with a wooden spoon. Use your hands to form the dough into a ball.
- Remove the dough from the bowl or the bread machine and knead it until it becomes smooth. Use the olive oil to grease a flat baking sheet.
- Press the dough into the baking sheet evenly, then use a pizza cutter to slice it into 1-inch wide strips. Go back and make one long cut crosswise to split each stick in two. Lay a towel over the sheet and let the dough rise for an hour.
- Turn the oven on to 375 degrees. Sprinkle the top of the dough with Italian seasonings such as basil and oregano, as well as parmesan cheese as desired.
- Bake the breadsticks for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Heat marinara sauce in a small saucepan until warm. Serve on the side along with the breadsticks.
How to Make Buttery Breadsticks
- To make cheesesticks, sprinkle the top of the breadstick dough with plenty of mozzarella cheese before baking.
- To make cinnamon sticks, skip the Italian seasonings and sprinkle the top of the dough with a mixture of cinnamon and sugar. Serve with white icing.