From Copycat Recipe Guide
Pizza Hut Cheese Sticks
The Pizza Hut Cheese Sticks recipe is fairly complex, but easier than many other bread recipes as you only have to knead once. The restaurant sprinkles their cheese sticks with a special seasoning blend, and then tops them with mozzarella cheese before placing them into the oven to bake. This recipe is very similar to Pizza Hut's bread stick recipe, and the only difference is the mozzarella cheese on top.
|Offered by||Pizza Hut|
|Customer service phone||800-948-8488|
|Served as||Appetizer or side dish|
|Main ingredients||Flour, yeast, spices, cheese|
|Similar to||Cheesy breadsticks|
Pizza Hut Cheese Sticks Ingredients
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 1/2 cups very warm water
- 1/2 cup dry milk, skim
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/8 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon yeast
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon organo
- 1 tablespoon onion salt
Pizza Hut Cheese Sticks Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together the parmesan cheese, garlic powder, oregano and onion salt. Set aside.
- Grease a baking pan with half of the melted butter.
- In a small bowl, mix the warm water, dry milk and sugar until dissolved. Then add a cup of flour and mix well.
- Add the yeast to the warm mixture. Mix well.
- Add the remaining flour and the salt, in batches, until the mixture is fairly stiff.
- Turn the dough onto a floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic.
- Form the dough into a rectangle that just fits in your baking pan.
- Place the dough on the pan, and brush with the remaining butter.
- Sprinkle the parmesan seasoning mix on top of the breadsticks.
- Cut into bread sticks of desired thickness, and let rise for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese on top.
- Bake for about 20 minutes until fully cooked and golden brown on top.
Easy Marinara Sauce
Although Pizza Hut uses mozzarella cheese, there are plenty of other options. Provolone is an alternative if you want to stick with the Italian theme, and cheddar or pepper Jack cheeses are good choices if you don't mind being a little more unconventional. A blend of cheeses will yield a more complex flavor.
Also See: How to Make Pizza Hut Garlic Dipping Sauce, How to Make Pizza Hut Marinara Dipping Sauce, How to Make Pizza Hut Garlic Parmesan Wings, How to Make Pizza Hut Lemon Pepper Wings, How to Make Pizza Hut Pizza Sauce