From Copycat Recipe Guide
Pizza Hut Dan's Original Pizza
In 1958, two brothers, Dan and Frank Carney, opened the first Pizza Hut in Wichita, Kansas. Fourteen years later, they had 1,000 restaurants located throughout the United States. The Pizza Hut Dan’s Original Pizza recipe honors one of these founding brothers in a classic pizza topped with pepperoni, Italian sausage, and white mushrooms.
Making your own pizza can be a fun and economical choice for your family. At home, you have the ability to customize your toppings, or stick with something more traditional such as Dan’s Original Pizza.
Start to finish: 2 hours, 50 minutes (active time: 40 minutes)
Serves: 4 to 6 people
|Offered by||Pizza Hut|
|Customer service phone||800-948-8488|
|Served as||Main dish|
|Main ingredients||Flour, tomato sauce, pepperoni, Italian sausage, white mushrooms|
|Similar to||Pizza Hut Pepperoni Lovers Pizza|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Pizza Hut Dan’s Original Pizza Ingredients
- Recipe for Pizza Hut pizza dough
- Recipe for Pizza Hut pizza sauce
- 3/4 cup pepperoni, sliced
- 3/4 cup Italian sausage, cooked and sliced
- 1 cup white mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Cornmeal for sprinkling
Pizza Hut Dan’s Original Pizza Recipe
- Make your pizza dough and sauce according to the recipe instructions.
- Preheat the oven to 450 F.
- Lightly spray a pizza pan with olive oil spray and coat with a fine sprinkling of cornmeal. This prevents to pizza dough from sticking to the pan as it cooks.
- On a floured surface, roll out the pizza dough to fit the pizza pan.
- Pour the pizza sauce on top of the dough and spread it around with a spatula or the back of a spoon.
- Lay the pepperoni, Italian sausage, and mushrooms on top of the sauce and cover with shredded mozzarella.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until the cheese is fully melted.
Pizza Hut Coupons
- This Pizza Hut Dan’s Original Pizza uses sweet Italian sausage. You could substitute a different sausage, if you prefer. Chorizo is a good alternative that comes in two varieties. Spanish chorizo is made with smoked pork, while the Mexican variety uses fresh pork.
- You might also try using shiitake or Portobello mushrooms instead of traditional white button mushrooms for a more earthy flavor.
Also See: How to Make Pizza Hut Triple Meat Italiano Pizza, How to Make Pizza Hut Pizza Dough, How to Make Pizza Hut Pizza Sauce, How to Make Pizza Hut Pepperoni Lovers Pizza, How to Make Pizza Hut Pan Pizza