From Copycat Recipe Guide
Pizza Hut Hershey's Chocolate Dunkers
This Pizza Hut Hershey's Chocolate Dunkers recipe incorporates the restaurant's hand-tossed pizza dough with milk chocolate and white chocolate chips and a side of milk chocolate dipping sauce. This dessert is essentially a cross between breadsticks and chocolate cake. While the dough can be somewhat complicated to make at home, the chocolate dipping sauce is quite simple. Be sure to allow yourself enough time for the dough to rise; it takes an hour and a half.
|Offered by||Pizza Hut|
|Customer service phone||800-948-8488|
|Main ingredients||Pizza dough, chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, cream, milk chocolate|
|Cooking method||Baking, melting|
|Similar to||Chocolate pizza|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Hershey's Chocolate Dunkers Ingredients
- 1 recipe for Pizza Hut pizza dough, prepared but not shaped
- 1 cup Hershey's white chocolate chips
- 1 cup Hershey's milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 pound Hershey's milk chocolate for melting
- 1 ounce hazelnut liqueur or syrup
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
Hershey's Chocolate Dunkers Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Roll out the pizza dough, and form it into a square or rectangle that will fit on your baking sheet.
- Grease your baking sheet lightly, and place the dough on top.
- Use a pizza roller or a sharp knife to slice the dough into sticks of your desired width.
- Sprinkle the milk chocolate chips on top of the dough sticks.
- Sprinkle the white chocolate chips on top.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until dough is cooked and the chocolate chips are fully melted.
- While the dunkers are baking, start the dipping sauce by melting the milk chocolate in a double boiler.
- Let the chocolate cool to a warm temperature.
- Beat in the heavy cream and the hazelnut liqueur or syrup.
- Pour the dipping sauce into a shallow bowl.
- Place the baked chocolate dunkers onto a serving platter and eat warm.
Chocolate Sauce Recipe
You can use flavored syrups or liqueurs to add a number of different notes to your chocolate dipping sauce. For a fruit and chocolate dip, try a dash of raspberry schnapps. For a chocolate almond dip, use amaretto. Other options include grenadine for cherry flavor, and Kahlua for a mocha dip.