From Copycat Recipe Guide
Pizza Hut Honey BBQ Wings
This Pizza Hut Honey BBQ Wings recipe yields a sweeter version of traditional BBQ chicken wings, and tastes very much like the kind they serve at Pizza Hut restaurants across the country. These wings can serve as a starter for an entire Pizza Hut-themed meal, with pizza, pasta and salad, or it can go with a number of traditional American main courses.
|Offered by||Pizza Hut|
|Customer service phone||800-948-8488|
|Served as||Appetizer or side|
|Main ingredients||Chicken, honey, ketchup, liquid smoke, spices, cooking oil|
|Cooking method||Frying and simmering|
|Similar to||Honey barbecue chicken wings|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Pizza Hut Honey BBQ Wings Ingredients
- 3 pounds chicken wings
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup margerine
- 1 medium onion, diced finely
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Salt to taste
Pizza Hut Honey BBQ Wings Recipe
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the onion and saute until tender.
- Add the garlic and saute for about a minute.
- Add all other ingredients except the chicken wings and frying oil.
- Bring to a boil. Then reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes or more.
- Heat the oil in a deep fryer to 375 degrees.
- Trim the ends of the chicken wings, and cut each wing into two pieces at the joint.
- Fry in small batches for six to eight minutes. Drain when done frying.
- Place the cooked chicken wings into a large plastic bag. You may need to do this in batches to avoid overcrowding.
- Pour the honey BBQ sauce into the bag over the chicken. Turn and shake the bag to coat each chicken wing evenly.
- Serve the chicken wings at once with your favorite dipping sauce.
Blue Cheese Dipping Sauce Recipe
- For the full Pizza Hut effect, serve the honey BBQ wings with Pizza Hut Blue Cheese Dip.
- You can easily make the wings spicy by adding a few dashes of your favorite hot sauce, a fresh, chopped jalapeno, or a tablespoon of crushed red pepper flakes or ground cayenne pepper.