From Copycat Recipe Guide
Pizza Hut Lemon Pepper Wings
This Pizza Hut Lemon Pepper Wings recipe is simple to make, and doesn't require you to make any complex sauces. The only elements you'll need are chicken wings, lemon, honey, pepper and butter. This is a fruity and mild alternative to Buffalo wings, which can be too spicy for some palates. Pizza Hut Lemon Pepper Wings have a more delicate flavor that won't overpower your taste buds.
|Offered by||Pizza Hut|
|Customer service phone||800-948-8488|
|Served as||Appetizer or side dish|
|Main ingredients||Chicken, butter, lemon, black pepper|
|Cooking method||Frying, melting|
|Similar to||Lemon pepper chicken wings|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Pizza Hut Lemon Pepper Wings Ingredients
- 3 pounds of chicken wings, on the smaller side
- Enough vegetable oil to deep fry
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground peppercorns
- Salt to taste
Pizza Hut Lemon Pepper Wings Recipe
- Prep the chicken by trimming off the tips, and then cutting at the joint to split each wing into two pieces.
- Salt and pepper the chicken wings to season.
- Fill the deep fryer with enough vegetable oil to fully cover the chicken wings.
- Heat the oil in the deep fryer until it reaches 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- While the oil is heating, start the lemon pepper sauce by melting the butter in a small saucepan or microwave.
- Add the honey, lemon juice and ground peppercorns to the melted butter.
- Fry the wings in small batches. It may take ten minutes or so for the wings to fully cook and get crispy on the outside.
- When the wings are done in the fryer, set on paper towels to drain off the extra grease.
- Place the wings into a large bowl.
- Pour the sauce over the wings, and use a wooden spoon to stir until evenly coated.
Wingstop Lemon Pepper Wings
- For extra lemon flavor, grate the zest from your lemon and add it to the melted butter mixture.
- For herbed lemon pepper wings, add some dried thyme to the melted butter sauce.
- If you like your wings extra crispy, leave them in the deep fryer for an extra minute or two.