From Copycat Recipe Guide
Pizza Hut Marinara Dipping Sauce
This Pizza Hut Marinara Dipping Sauce recipe is very simple to make, and can be used as a dip for appetizers like bread sticks, cheese sticks, fried zucchini and much more. You can also dip your pizza in it for an extra-saucy flavor. The dipping sauce is very similar to a traditional marinara that you'd pour over a plate of pasta. but is somewhat thicker and has some added romano cheese. While the restaurant doesn't give away its own recipe, this version comes very close.
|Offered by||Pizza Hut|
|Customer service phone||800-948-8488|
|Served as||Side dish|
|Main ingredients||Tomato sauce, herbs, garlic|
|Similar to||Italian marinara sauce|
Pizza Hut Marinara Dipping Sauce Ingredients
- 1 - 10 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning blend
- 2 tablespoons romano cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
Pizza Hut Marinara Dipping Sauce Recipe
- Heat the olive oil in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Mince the garlic and add it to the hot oil. Then add the crushed red pepper.
- Heat the garlic and crushed red pepper for one or two minutes until soft, making sure it does not burn.
- Add the tomato sauce, Italian seasoning blend, vinegar, and romano cheese.
- Bring the mixture to a boil. Then turn down the heat and simmer for about 20 minutes, or until the desired consistency has been reached.
- Remove from heat and transfer the dipping sauce to a serving bowl. Serve while still warm, and refrigerate any leftovers.
- If you don't have a Italian seasoning blend at home, you can improvise by mixing a tablespoon each of dried basil, dried parsley, dried marjoram, dried oregano, and dried thyme. Use only the amount you need for the recipe, and then store the rest in an airtight container. If you like your Italian food on the spicy side, you can also add a tablespoon of ground red pepper, like cayenne.