From Copycat Recipe Guide
Pizza Hut Pan Pizza
Crafting a thick, satisfying Pizza Hut pan pizza at home can allow families to enjoy this classic pizza pie dish for a fraction of the cost of buying from the chain restaurant. Making the pizza at home also allows for customization of spices, flavors, and toppings unavailable at the restaurant. The process of making a Pizza Hut Pan Pizza may seem daunting, but practice making the dough can speed up the process dramatically. The secret to crafting a great Pizza Hut-style pan pizza is to use a thick baking pan that is well oiled along with a pizza stone to reproduce the crispy outer shell.
|Flickr: Helga Weber|
|Customer service phone||800-948-8488|
|Served as||Main dish|
|Main ingredients||Flour, yeast|
|Similar to||Papa John's pizza|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Pizza Hut Pan Pizza Ingredients
- Pizza dough
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 16 ounces shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 8 ounces shredded Romano cheese
- Pizza toppings, such as pepperoni, sausage, tomatoes, onions, black olives, pineapple, chicken, peppers, and ham
- 3 tablespoons soybean oil
Pizza Hut Pan Pizza Recipe
- Create a Pizza Hut dough, or buy a prepackaged dough.
- Combine tomato sauce, basil, marjoram, garlic salt, and oregano in a small mixing bowl. Allow ingredients to sit for about an hour to allow the flavors to meld.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees with a pizza stone inside.
- Oil pizza pan with soybean oil.
- Sprinkle cornmeal over the bottom of the pan.
- Roll out the pizza dough to the size of the pan.
- Place dough into the pan and adjust to fit as needed.
- Spread an even layer of pizza sauce over the dough, leaving about 1/2 inch around the edge of the pizza free from sauce.
- Top pizza liberally with shredded Mozzarella and Romano cheeses. The amount of cheese used is flexible.
- Layer pizza toppings on top of the Mozzarella. Put meat and larger items first, then vegetables.
- Sprinkle a little more mozzarella cheese over the pizza toppings.
- Cook pizza until the crust is slightly brown and the cheese is bubbling, or about 20 to 25 minutes.
How to Make Pizza Hut Pan Pizza Video
Crafting a copycat Pizza Hut pan pizza requires time and patience, but it can save significant money over a store-bought pie. While the dough recipe should be followed precisely to ensure the dough rises enough, the types of cheeses, toppings, and spices can be altered to suit individual taste preferences. If multiple topping varieties are desired, simply divide the pizza into sections and top each section individually.
Also See: How to Make Pizza Hut Pizza, How to Make Pizza Hut Stuffed Crust Pizza, How to Make Pizza Hut Thin 'N Crispy Pizza, How to Make Pizza Hut Pizza Dough, How to Make Applebee's Spinach Pizza, How to Make Carrabba's Pizza Dough