From Copycat Recipe Guide
Pizza Hut Pizza
Making a Pizza Hut style pizza at home takes some time and practice to perfect, but it can save significant money for families who enjoy pizza on a regular basis. Pizza Hut offers a variety of pizza styles including deep dish pizzas, thin 'n crispy crusts and a wide range of pizza toppings. Preparing homemade pizza allows for customization in the ingredients, seasonings and toppings that is unavailable at the restaurant. For those on a restrictive diet, modifying the basic recipe for gluten intolerance by using special flour, or lowering the salt content as needed offers an opportunity for pizza enjoyment that may not be normally possible. The copycat Pizza Hut pizza recipe outlined below is for the chain's basic hand-tossed traditional style of pizza crust.
|Customer service phone||800-948-8488|
|Served as||Main dish|
|Main ingredients||Flour, yeast|
|Similar to||Papa John's pizza|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Pizza Hut Pizza Ingredients
- Pizza Hut pizza dough
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 16 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 5 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- Pizza toppings
Pizza Hut Pizza Recipe
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place a pizza stone in the oven during preheating if available to help evenly bake the crust.
- Combine diced tomatoes, salt, garlic powder, olive oil, and oregano in a blender. Blend on medium speed for a minute.
- Roll out pizza dough on a floured surface until it is about an inch thick.
- Oil the bottom of the pizza baking pan with 3 tablespoons of melted butter
- Sprinkle cornmeal on the bottom of the pan.
- Place dough on pizza pan.
- Trim off any pizza dough that hangs over the side of the pan.
- Add pizza sauce onto the pizza, leaving a one-inch border.
- Use remaining melted butter to coat the exposed crust.
- Liberally sprinkle mozzarella cheese evenly over the pizza.
- Add pizza toppings as desired. Opt to place larger and heavier ingredients first.
- Place pizza tray on top of the pizza stone in the oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the crust has a light brown hue and the cheese is bubbling.
- Remove from the oven and cut pizza into slices.
How to Make Pizza Hut Pizza Video
Creating Pizza Hut's traditional hand tossed pizza at home can save money and a trip to the restaurant. Making pizza is a great family activity, especially for children. Home cooks that want to make pizza frequently can double or triple the original pizza dough recipe and store excess in the refrigerator or freezer. Making the dough in batches can save time and allow pizza to be on the dinner menu after a long day.
Also See: How to Make Pizza Hut Pan Pizza, How to Make Pizza Hut Stuffed Crust Pizza, How to Make Pizza Hut Thin 'N Crispy Pizza, How to Make Pizza Hut Pizza Dough, How to Make Applebee's Spinach Pizza, How to Make Carrabba's Pizza Dough