From Copycat Recipe Guide
Pizza Hut Pizza Dough
The secret to crafting delicious Pizza Hut-style pizza is in the dough. A great dough sets the foundation for almost any style pizza like the Pizza Hut Pan pizza, Pizza Hut Stuffed Crust pizza, Meat Lovers pizza, or even the Super Supreme pizza. Learning how to make Pizza Hut Pizza Dough at home requires learning the accurate balance of high-quality flour, yeast, oil, and sugar necessary to recreate the popular pizza pies. Working with pizza dough takes time and patience, especially for chefs with little baking experience. After learning the doughy basics, crafting Pizza Hut style pizzas at home can become a welcomed inexpensive meal option that takes just a little time to prepare.
|Customer service phone||800-948-8488|
|Served as||Main dish|
|Main ingredients||Flour, yeast|
|Similar to||Papa John's pizza dough|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Pizza Hut Pizza Dough Ingredients
- 3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon vital wheat gluten
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup non-fat powdered milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 package dry yeast
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons melted margarine
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
Pizza Hut Pizza Dough Recipe
- Combine flour, baking powder, and vital wheat gluten, and set aside
- Place sugar, milk, salt, and yeast into a large mixing bowl.
- Heat water to 105 degrees, then slowly add to the mixing bowl while stirring.
- Allow the mixture to sit for 10 minutes.
- Pour olive oil into the mixture and stir.
- Gradually add flour mixture while stirring until a dough begins to form.
- Once all liquids are absorbed, place dough on a floured surface and knead for approximately 10 minutes.
- Make dough into a ball.
- Spray a large mixing bowl with a non-stick cooking spray, then cover the bowl with a plate or clean towel.
- Place the bowl in a warm area away from drafts and allow the dough to rise for about 1 1/2 hours.
- Remove dough from bowl, then roll out to the approximate pizza pan size.
- Coat the bottom and sides of pan with melted butter.
- Sprinkle cornmeal on the bottom of the pan.
- Place dough into pan and shape as needed.
How to Make Pizza Hut Pizza Dough Video
Making pizza dough from scratch is an adventure that may feel too tedious for many home chefs. Instead of kneading by hand, all dough ingredients except for butter and cornmeal can be added to a bread machine and run through the dough cycle instead of kneading by hand.
Also See: How to Make Pizza Hut Pan Pizza, How to Make Pizza Hut Stuffed Crust Pizza, How to Make Pizza Hut Thin 'N Crispy Pizza, How to Make Pizza Hut Pizza, How to Make Applebee's Spinach Pizza, How to Make Carrabba's Pizza Dough