From Copycat Recipe Guide
Pizza Hut Spicy Asian Wings
This Pizza Hut Spicy Asian Wings recipe takes a step away from the traditional chicken wing to offer a more exotic option. While Pizza Hut does not divulge the exact recipe used at the restaurant, it is possible to use their ingredients list along with known cooking techniques to create a dish that tastes quite close to their own.
|Offered by||Pizza Hut|
|Customer service phone||800-948-8488|
|Served as||Appetizer or side dish|
|Main ingredients||Chicken, oil, orange juice, soy sauce, chili sauce, brown sugar|
|Similar to||Chinese chicken wings|
Pizza Hut Spicy Asian Wings Ingredients
- 2 pounds chicken wings and drummettes
- Peanut oil for deep frying
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/8 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Asian chili garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon dried ginger
Pizza Hut Spicy Asian Wings Recipe
- Heat the peanut oil in a deep fryer until it reaches 375 degrees.
- While the oil is heating, heat a saucepan over a medium flame. Add the orange juice, brown sugar, soy sauce, chili garlic sauce, rice vinegar, garlic powder and ginger. Bring to a boil, and then simmer until the sauce reduces to the desired thickness. All of the sugar should be completely melted.
- Add the chicken wings and drummettes to the hot oil. Deep fry until the chicken is fully cooked, which will take about six minutes, or longer if the chicken is frozen. It may be necessary to fry the chicken in small batches.
- When the chicken is done, set it on towels to drain.
- Add the chicken to the pan of sauce, and use a pair of tongs to stir and coat evenly.
- Serve immediately.
Asian Hot Wings
- Serve with blue cheese dressing, ranch dressing, or honey mustard.
- Try garnishing with fresh, sliced carrots and celery for a palate cleansing accompaniment.
- If you prefer hotter wings, add more chili garlic sauce to the wet mixture. If you don't like heat, you may omit the chili garlic sauce altogether.