From Copycat Recipe Guide
Pizza Hut Stuffed Crust Pizza
The stuffed crust pizza from Pizza Hut combines a traditional pizza with a built-in cheese stick appetizer in the crust. While cheese is the most common ingredient found in the crust stuffing, other ingredients such as pepperoni or other traditional pizza ingredients like sausage, bacon, or black olives can be added for an extra special pizza pie. Learning how to make Pizza Hut Stuffed Crust Pizza in a home kitchen allows for customization of the pizza for dietary restrictions or flavor preferences. As an added benefit, home-baked pizzas do not require waiting for a pizza to be delivered and can be made for significantly less than the cost of a restaurant-ordered pie.
|Customer service phone||800-948-8488|
|Served as||Main dish|
|Main ingredients||Flour, yeast|
|Similar to||Papa John's pizza|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Pizza Hut Stuffed Crust Pizza Ingredients
- Pizza hut dough
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- pizza toppings
- 1 pound mozzarella cheese
Pizza Hut Stuffed Crust Pizza Recipe
- Prepare the dough a day before you want to create your stuffed crust pizza to allow time for the gluten to rest. This is necessary to create a crust similar to the Pizza Hut version.
- Flatten pizza dough with a rolling pin until it is about 1/4 inch thick.
- Place mozzerella cheese sticks, or other stuffing ingredients along the edge of the crust.
- Fold the dough over the stuffing and press down to seal.
- Place dough on a well-oiled pan.
- Mix tomato sauce, thyme, garlic salt, black pepper, onion powder, and lemon juice in a small saucepan on medium heat. Cook for about 5 minutes while stirring to create the pizza sauce.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread out pizza sauce over the bottom of the pie.
- Top with mozzarella cheese and pizza toppings. Opt to place meat and heavier ingredients first, then vegetables or other toppings.
- Sprinkle a little more mozzarella on top of the pizza ingredients.
- Place pizza in the oven and cook for about 10 minutes, or until the dough turns slightly brown and the cheese is bubbly.
How to Make Pizza Hut Stuffed Crust Pizza Video
Stuffed crust pizza can be made with almost any ingredients imaginable, but they should match the types of pizza toppings selected. For example, a mixture of cream cheese and garlic works well with a chicken and onion pizza toppings. Rolled up ham slices work well in a meat lovers-type pizza. Avoid over-stuffing the crust to ensure the toppings stay inside the overlapped dough while baking.
Also See: How to Make Pizza Hut Pan Pizza, How to Make Pizza Hut Pizza, How to Make Pizza Hut Thin 'N Crispy Pizza, How to Make Pizza Hut Pizza Dough, How to Make Applebee's Spinach Pizza, How to Make Carrabba's Pizza Dough