From Copycat Recipe Guide
Pizza Hut Thin 'N Crispy Pizza
The Thin 'N Crispy pizza at Pizza Hut offers a delicious alternative to the hand tossed or pan pizza varieties. Well-known in low-carb circles, the Thin 'N Crispy pizza offers a lower calorie option to traditional pizzas since the crust is half the thickness of other pizza varieties. Making a Pizza Hut Thin 'N Crispy Pizza at home allows individuals to enjoy pizza at a lower price and can help them stick to their weight-loss or dietary goals. The dough and process of crafting a thin pizza is different than other versions due to the need for the pizza turn out crispy rather than thick or chewy. Restaurant-prepared pizzas go through machines to help achieve the desired thickness. While an exact replica of the pizza is difficult, learning a copycat Pizza Hut Thin 'N Crispy pizza recipe can come very close.
|Customer service phone||800-948-8488|
|Served as||Main dish|
|Main ingredients||Flour, yeast, mozzarella cheese|
|Similar to||Papa John's thin crust pizza|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Pizza Hut Thin 'N Crispy Pizza Ingredients
Thin 'N Crispy Dough Ingredients
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can diced tomatoes
Thin 'N Crispy Pizza Sauce and Topping Ingredients
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- Pizza toppings
Pizza Hut Thin N' Crispy Pizza Equipment
- Large pizza stone
- Heavy-duty rolling pin
- Dough docker
- Cutter pizza pan with a raised edge
- Large cutting board
- Mixer with dough hooks
- Pizza cutter
- 2 plastic zip-top bags
- Pizza peel
- Food processor
Pizza Hut Thin N' Crispy Pizza Recipe
Thin 'N Crispy Dough Recipe
- Combine the salt, sugar, oil, and yeast into the stand mixer bowl and stir with a spoon to distribute ingredients.
- Measure out the water, then warm it on the stove or in a microwave slightly.
- Take the water temperature and remove from heat when it registers approximately 105 degrees.
- Pour the water into the mixing bowl.
- Turn the mixer on low, then add the flour to the bowl.
- Allow the dough hooks to kneed the dough for about 5 minutes. Some flour will remain on the sides and bottom of the mixing bowl.
- Remove the dough from the mixing bowl and divide it in half.
- Place each portion of dough into a gallon-sized plastic bag with a zip top.
- Put sealed plastic bags in a warm area for at least 6 hours.
- Punch down the dough after 6 to 8 hours.
- Place the dough in a refrigerator if unable to use the dough immediately.
Thin 'N Crispy Pizza Recipe
- Place all pizza sauce ingredients in a food processor and puree for 1 minute.
- Preheat oven and a pizza stone for about 40 minutes on 500 degrees.
- Remove 1 ball of dough from a plastic bag, then coat the outside of the ball with flour.
- Roll out the dough until it is 1/2 inch thick, the dust both sides with flour again.
- Roll out the dough again until it is 1/8 inch thick.
- Put flattened dough on pizza pan.
- Roll a dough docker over the dough, then trim off the extra dough that hangs over the pizza pan.
- Bake the dough on the pizza stone for 3 minutes.
- Dust a pizza peel with cornmeal, then place the partially baked dough on top.
- Swirl pizza sauce onto the pizza.
- Sprinkle the pizza liberally with shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Add any other toppings as desired.
- Place the pizza peel directly onto the pizza stone.
- Bake for 8 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly and the crust browns slightly.
How to Make Pizza Hut Thin N' Crispy Pizza Video
The secret of making the Pizza Hut Thin 'N Crispy pizza dough is to allow it to set for a longer period of time to allow the yeast to mature. Rushing the process creates a pizza that lacks the crispy texture of the store-bought pie. It is also critical to measure the water temperature prior to adding it to the flour and yeast mixture. Temperatures too high kill the yeast and will cause the crust not to rise. Temperatures too low will not activate the yeast.
Also See: How to Make Pizza Hut Pan Pizza, How to Make Pizza Hut Stuffed Crust Pizza, How to Make Pizza Hut Pizza, How to Make Pizza Hut Pizza Dough, How to Make Applebee's Spinach Pizza, How to Make Carrabba's Pizza Dough