From Copycat Recipe Guide
Pizza Hut WingStreet Fried Cheese Sticks
WingStreet specializes in buffalo chicken wings and is the sister restaurant to the Pizza Hut franchise. In addition to offering breaded and traditional buffalo wings with sauces of varying “heat”, WingStreet offers chicken tenders, fried cheese sticks, and other side dishes. This WingStreet Fried Cheese Stick recipe requires frying the cheese, not baking it, which produces a satisfying crunch. Try pairing this appetizer with Pizza Hut's Thin 'N Crispy Pizza for a filling family meal.
Start to finish: 20 minutes
Serves: 8 (serving size is 4 cheese sticks)
|Customer service phone||800-948-8488|
|Served as||Appetizer or side dish|
|Main ingredients||Cheese, bread crumbs, eggs|
|Similar to||Mozzarella sticks|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Pizza Hut WingStreet Fried Cheese Sticks Ingredients
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1 quart vegetable oil for deep frying
- 1 (16 ounce) package part-skim mozzarella cheese sticks
Pizza Hut WingStreet Fried Cheese Sticks Recipe
- In a small bowl, mix the eggs and water.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour and cornstarch. Place the bread crumbs in a third bowl.
- Place the cooking oil into an electric fryer and preheat it to approximately 350 degrees.
- Cut each mozzarella stick in half.
- Working one piece at a time, dredge each mozzarella stick in the flour mixture, dip it into the egg mixture, and finally into the bread crumbs.
- Carefully place the coated cheese sticks, 4-5 at a time, in the basket of the fryer.
- Fry until golden brown, about 30 seconds.
- Remove from heat and drain on paper towels.
Pizza Hut Coupons
- If you would like to serve fried cheese sticks but are concerned about having hot oil around, fry the cheese sticks the day in advance and store them in a single layer on a baking sheet in your refrigerator. You can reheat the cheese sticks right before your guests arrive. If you like, serve the fried cheese sticks with Pizza Hut's Marinara Dipping Sauce.
- Fried zucchini sticks are another tasty appetizer. Use this recipe to make fried zucchini sticks by substituting the mozzarella sticks with fresh, sliced pieces of zucchini.
Also See: How to Make Pizza Hut Marinara Dipping Sauce, How to Make Pizza Hut Garlic Dipping Sauce, How to Make Pizza Hut Lemon Pepper Wings, How to Make Pizza Hut Pizza Sauce, How to Make Pizza Hut Garlic Parmesan Wings, How to Make Pizza Hut Cheese Sticks