From Copycat Recipe Guide
Pizza Hut Wings
Pizza Hut wings are generally offered branded as WingStreet wings. As a co-brand with Pizza Hut, most WingStreet locations are found within a regular Pizza Hut restaurant. For dine-in, Pizza Hut wings can compliment a hand tossed traditional pizza, or can be enjoyed as a primary entree. The Pizza Hut wings are available in multiple flavors and varieties. The standard buffalo wings on the menu are bone-in wings that are topped with a hot sauce. Unlike some buffalo wings, the Pizza Hut wings recipe does not use any breading. The secret to achieving great copycat Pizza Hut wings is to select small, fresh wings that offer a better taste and less fat than bigger drummets. Pizza Hut wings can be served as an appetizer, a game day treat or as a main dish. Pizza Hut wings are messy, so be sure to provide plenty of napkins.
|Flickr: Lodick Family|
|Customer service phone||800-948-8488|
|Served as||Appetizer or entree|
|Main ingredients||Chicken, hot sauce, margarine|
|Cooking method||Deep fried|
|Similar to||Buffalo Wild Wings wings|
Pizza Hut Wings Ingredients
- 2 pounds chicken wings
- 1/4 cup rice flour
- 1/4 cup wheat flour
- 1/4 cup buffalo hot sauce for coating
- 5 cups vegetable oil for frying
- 1 cup distilled vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
Pizza Hut Wings Recipe
- Separate the bow from the drumettes and rinse in water.
- Mix together ingredients for the marinade in a small bowl.
- Place chicken in a large plastic baggie. Pour in marinade and allow to marinate for several hours, moving the bag around periodically for even distribution.
- Place vegetable oil in a deep fryer, then heat to 375 Fahrenheit.
- Dry chicken wings thoroughly, then toss in flours to lightly coat.
- Carefully place all chicken pieces into the pre-heated oil.
- Fry chicken for about 15 minutes.
- Drain chicken on paper towels.
- Place chicken into a bowl with a lid.
- Pour buffalo hot sauce over the chicken, then close lid.
- Shake vigorously until all pieces are well covered with sauce.
- Allow chicken to sit for 5 minutes in sauce after coating before serving.
How to Make Pizza Hut Wings Video
The benefit of making Pizza Hut wings at home is the ability to adjust the recipe based on flavor and spice level preferences. A standard hot sauce like Frank's RedHot Cayenne pepper sauce is a close match to the sauce used by Pizza Hut, but any red chili sauce will work. Traditionally, buffalo wings are served with a dipping sauce like blue cheese or ranch. Making these sauces from scratch is an option, or you can use Marie's Dressings or some Kraft varieties. If you enjoy really spicy wings, add some cayenne pepper to the hot sauce you select.
Also See: How to Make Pizza Hut Pan Pizza, How to Make Pizza Hut Stuffed Crust Pizza, How to Make Pizza Hut Pizza, How to Make Pizza Hut Pizza Dough, How to Make Texas Roadhouse Rattlesnake Bites, How to Make Pizza Hut Blue Cheese Dip,