From Copycat Recipe Guide
Red Lobster's Lobster Pizza
Red Lobster coupons can occasionally help guests can order the restaurant’s Lobster Pizza appetizer for free, but usually, the pizza costs around $6. Those who’d like to learn how to save money by making the Red Lobster Lobster Pizza recipe at home, however, can easily follow the below instructions, provided by the restaurant. The pizza consists of garlic butter, Parmesan cheese, basil, tomatoes, lobster meat, and a blend of cheeses spread across a flour tortilla and baked to perfection. The Red Lobster Pizza recipe is designed for an individual serving, but the recipe can be easily modified based on the number of diners. While the restaurant version is designed as an appetizer, it can be easily used as a main dish by preparing one pizza per diner.
Red Lobster was first known as The Green Frog when Bill Darden opened it in Lakeland, Florida, in 1968. Darden's passion for serving his customers fresh seafood transformed his first restaurant into the Red Lobster chain that it is today. There are over 680 Red Lobster restaurants through the United States and Canada, so if you're in either of those countries, you can get your Red Lobster Lobster Pizza fix easily!
|Flickr: Ollie Crafoord|
|Offered by||Red Lobster|
|Customer service phone||800-248-4931|
|Served as||Main dish, appetizer|
|Main ingredients||Lobster meat, flour tortillas|
|Similar to||Seafood pizza|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Red Lobster Lobster Pizza Ingredients
- 1 flour tortilla
- Garlic butter spread
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2-3 roma tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil
- 2 ounces lobster meat
- 1/2 cup shredded Italian six-cheese blend
- Vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper
Recipe courtesy of Red Lobster
Red Lobster Lobster Pizza Recipe
- Dice and drain tomatoes.
- Cut your lobster meat into bite-sized chunks and drain any excess liquid.
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Julienne fresh basil.
- Use a cooking brush to spread garlic butter evenly across the topside of the tortilla.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese over the tortilla.
- Sprinkle the diced tomatoes over the top of the tortilla.
- Sprinkle the cut basil over the top of the tomatoes.
- Sprinkle the Italian six-cheese blend on top of the Parmesan, tomatoes, and basil.
- Use a cooking brush to coat a pizza pan lightly with vegetable oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Put the pizza on the prepared pan and bake it for four to five minutes.
- Slice the pizza into eight pieces.
Lobster and Chorizo Pizza
- Red Lobster specifies using Land O’ Lakes Roasted Garlic Butter Spread, but any garlic butter spread will work.
- To julienne the basil, wash and drain it, then remove the leaves and stack them. Cut them into thin strips with a sharp knife.
- As written, this recipe makes an appetizer for up to eight people. To prepare it as a main dish, cooks can prepare one pizza per person and multiply the recipe quantities accordingly.
- Red Lobster’s chef recommends serving the lobster pizza with a medium or a light beer.
- For a restaurant-quality appetizer menu, cooks might consider adding T.G.I. Friday’s Potato Skins and Red Lobster’s Creamy Crab Nachos.
- If you'd rather eat Red Lobster Lobster Pizza with a pizza crust, you can buy a pre-made pizza crust or create your own by following the recipe below.
- If you're not a huge fan of lobster, substitute crab meat instead.
- If you'd like to make your Red Lobster Lobster Pizza of the finest quality, purchase fresh Parmesan cheese to freshly grate. Instead of getting a packaged Italian cheese blend, create your own by shredding mozzarella, provolone, Parmesan, fontina, Romano and asiago cheeses and mixing them together.
- The above recipe contains 720 calories, 30 grams of fat, 1390 milligrams of sodium, 69 grams of carbohydrates, and 42 grams of protein.
- Make a few Red Lobster Lobster Pizzas at a time by placing them on an oblong pizza or cookie sheet.
- You can also create personal-sized Red Lobster Lobster Pizzas by using smaller flour tortillas--simply cut down on the amount of toppings that you plan to put on each tortilla.
Simple Pizza Crust Recipe
If you'd rather make your own pizza crust instead of using a tortilla or a store-bought crust, gather together one 1/4-ounce package of active dry yeast, one cup warm water, 2 1/2 cups of bread flour, two tablespoons of olive oil, and one teaspoon each of white sugar and salt. Preheat your oven to 450F. Dissolve the yeast and sugar in the water together in a medium-sized bowl and allow to stand for about ten minutes. Stir in the remaining ingredients and beat until smooth, then allow the dough to rest for five minutes. Roll the dough out into a round and then transfer to a greased baking sheet. Add the toppings for the Red Lobster Lobster Pizza as described in the directions above and then bake for fifteen to twenty minutes. If you'd like to create a whole wheat pizza crust, simply substitute whole wheat flour for the bread flour.
For a complete Red Lobster at Home experience:
- Begin the meal with the Red Lobster Lobster Pizza.
- Make broiled dill salmon accompanied by the restaurant's delicious rice pilaf and a nice side salad.
- Complete the meal with apple turnovers or chocolate ricotta pie.
Also See: How to Make Red Lobster Creamy Crab Nachos, How to Make T.G.I. Friday's Potato Skins, How to Make Red Lobster Batter Fried Shrimp, How to Make Red Lobster Asian Garlic Grilled Salmon, How to Make Red Lobster Rice Pilaf, How to Make Red Lobster Fried Soft Shell Crab